New to fitness pal

Options
Hello everyone my name is Janet I'm 51 and thought that I would try fitness pal to see it this system can help me lose the 40 pounds needed to be at my right weight. I exercise but when I start doing well I for some reason sabotage myself and over eat, I hope that by logging what I eat and what I do when I work out I will keep myself accountable for my actions.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you on this system so we can support each other in the days and weeks to come.

Replies

• SirjohnM
    SirjohnM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Janet. Try and get a friend or two with you on MFP. Its a great help.
  • stldylan
    stldylan Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck! When I started MyFitnessPal I weighed 234. Now I'm at 194 and I have a 117 day streak going. You can do it if you put your mind to it, because I guarantee it won't be easy. Best of luck!
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Logging really does help. Get yourself a good food scale. Sometimes we underestimate our portion sizes. Keeps you honest. If you're serious you have to make a lifestyle change. Once you do that the rest is easy. Best of luck.:drinker:
  • dustsettles
    dustsettles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm fairly new too, I've found logging my food really helps a lot! I also usually log my next day in advance when I have time. It makes things SO easy, I get to eat 5 meals a day and when I plan in advance I can factor in little treats like a piece of chocolate! Feel free to add me as a friend! I log in everyday (as long as I'm not camping!). Good luck, you can do this!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! People are very encouraging and the message boards are motivating if you find you're losing your groove. Personally I sabotage if I plan ahead too much. So I log in about 3 times a day. I know I'm getting all the foods down and not forgetting anything. Also I can see how many calories I've eaten and how much I have to go. But everybody is different. So just find what works for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.