Hi Can anyone recommend any good workout DVDs?

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hi all, wanting to buy a new exercise DVD, and was wondering which one people have found that ACTUALLY works - with good results.

I've been looking and seen a Jullian Michaels DVD - states u can loose 20lb in 30 days?? Anyone tried this??

I'm seriously contemplating buying this so that i can look great for xmas & new year.

thanks for reading :wink:

Replies

• lkp24
    lkp24 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start turbo fire. You can check it out at http://www.exercise2day.com
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I will recommend it until I am blue in the face... TURBO JAM!!! And no, I am not a beachbody coach... I just really truly LOVE the results I have gotten from Turbo Jam so far! The music is awesome, it is fun, and I LOVE the kickboxing moves.. it makes me feel strong... I started to notice toning right away.. I am starting to see an ab or two!!!!!! :)
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 DS, I started Oct 20th. I love it. I haven't lost 20 pounds, though it's been a month. What I have lost is tonnes of inches. In fact I lost no weight at all until this last week where I lost 3 pounds. BUT I have lost about 4 inches off my hips. Now I weight in the 230's so I have lots on inches and weight to lose, but it is an amazing work out. It is tough for anybody and you will lose inches. I haven't made it to level 3 yet, so I am sure there is more challenges for me yet to come.

I don't do it everyday. I don't workout generally on weekends, and some days I do my elliptical instead of the shred, some days I do both, some days just the shred.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like the Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD, but my favourite is Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It's circuit training with strength, cardio and Abs all one. It's about 30 minutes, and you really feel it! I've also just started doing the Walk Away The Pounds DVD now that the weather here is getting colder and it's tougher to get outside and walk. It's alright, burns calories, very simple to follow. Good for unco-ordinated people like myself! :laugh: I also love the Winsor Pilates DVDs for strength and toning.
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up the first level of the 30 Day Shred and I really love it! You likely won't lose 20 pounds in 30 days (wouldn't want to anyways - healthy weight loss is 1 per week), but you'll definitely feel more toned. I like seeing the progress as you do the same exercises 10 days in a row. It's excellent!

Today I also tried Walk Away the Pounds and it's a good burn but pretty repetitive - I can see myself doing it once in a while but not as my regular exercise.
  • Willsy7
    Options
    If you're serious about it, do P90X. There are some excerpts on youtube that you can check out to see if it's something you would be interested in.

A word of advice, be careful if you are running calorie deficient and doing an HIT program, and make sure to keep good track of your weight. You don't want to be losing weight too quickly and starving yourself actually causing your metabolism to slow down.
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    Leslie sanson walk away the pounds. It works great!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Gillian Michaels 30 day shred too, its only 20 mins a day but it definitely makes you work hard for those 20 mins. I'd recommended it (my aching muscles might not agree though :wink: )
  • Helent26
    Helent26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks alot everyone for all the advice. I think I will try the '30 day shred' and the walk dvd sounds good too. Going to have a look online and see which one i'll get when I get paid. 20lbs is a lot to loose, but i wouldn't mind loosing 10lbs by xmas ;-) lol :flowerforyou: :wink: