body transformation, with pictures

Options
missemmapeel
missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
Hi everyone,

I took some photos today for the first time in over a year, and I was surprised by what I saw, and thought I would share. I started on this journey two years ago. I had just had my daughter, and was 25 pounds overweight. With the support of MFP friends and community I lost the weight, through diet and exercise, over the next six months. Since then I've stayed on MFP to stay motivated and get fit. I started lifting heavy a year ago and my weight has stayed the same.

I didn't think I'd see much of a change with these pictures, and what a surprise! My weight is the same in the second and third photos, but to me I look like two different people. I'd love to hear if it is as noticeable to the rest of you.

Here are the pictures:

5cb738e5-74f8-4c27-94dd-c9bf778bed0d_zps45545093.png

c1f9d80d-c820-446c-bd4a-f98f6fa51b6f_zpsf235e2a5.png

7cfef035-e8e7-4815-81a2-f4ddbf74d50d_zps51b6dce7.png

281a4930-cfc6-4c25-82e0-05e7c2444364_zpscfb8e08d.png

Thank you to all my friends on MFP, what a difference a year makes!

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and yes, I can most definitely see a difference!!! Great job, and congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have more muscle definition for sure!
  • Lil40
    Lil40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is a huuuuge difference, great job, you look fantastic!!!
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Awesome transformation !!! Really inspiring.

Please share your diet chart and workout routine with us. That will be very helpful for so many people
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look incredible ???? great achievement x
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You look fabulous in all the photos, but amazingly fit and toned comparatively in the most recent! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference, you're doing a great job!!! Yay!!!
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe you're the same weight! How tall are you and what do you weigh, just out of interest? V inspiring. I started lifting but I got bored and stopped but this has inspired me to start again, thank u
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    woo hoo for you!!!!! you look fabulous!!! Keep upthe great work!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    way to go sexy mamma! :) any particular diet or just some moderation?
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    fab.. fab.. fab..
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow - you can really see the difference!
    Nice work! :drinker:
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference! Yay for weight lifting! Well done!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    sexxxxxxyyyyyyyyy quads!!!! Great work. You look beautiful AND strong! :)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done!
  • missemmapeel
    Options
    Awesome transformation !!! Really inspiring.

Please share your diet chart and workout routine with us. That will be very helpful for so many people

Thanks Upsana

I've been maintaining for a year and a half, not sure what a diet chart is, but I have been eating 1,800 calories during the week, and more (and usually not logging) on weekends. I try to eat at least 130 grams of protein a day, and a bit more on days I lift. I weigh myself every day just to make sure my weight isn't creeping up, and a couple of times I've needed to restrict calories for a week or two to get back to my maintenance weight.

For workouts, my gym offers a class called Group Power. It is a group weightlifting class set to music. I've tried other things in the past but this has really worked for me because:
    1. It is at set times, and I find not relying on my own scheduling and willpower to be easier to stick to
    2. I'm a bit competitive, so I try to lift heavier than my friends in the class and this helps me progress
    3. They have childminding and my little ones love it there, so I get an hour when the only person yelling at me is the instructor ;)
    4. The music is really good and it is fast paced, so the hour flies by

Cheers
  • missemmapeel
    Options
    Great profile name ;)

I'm 5'4" and weigh 130 pounds. My weight tends to fluctuate between 127-132 with maintenance, and I'm at 126 right now as I thought I'd try and get just a little bit leaner.

Thanks,
    Emma
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh my! What a difference between pic. 2 & 3. Not that you looked bad, but wow, lifting definately makes the body so lean! You look amazing, congrats on your hard work!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Great job, and yes, the difference is readily apparent!

Basically, between pics 1 and 2 you became a smaller version of pic 1, and in pic 3 you've changed the shape of your body and developed great definition and lost a lot of fat!

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!