Biggest Loser Austin Recommitting

Options
andaustin
andaustin Posts: 18 Member
Hey guys- I am Austin and I was on season 11 of BL... I got far away from logging my food and its time for me to get back on that part of my journey to health.

If you'd like to add me, lets do this journey together!

Also- if you guys have any questions about the show, feel free to respond below! Love you all, and thanks for the support always!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Austing!:drinker:

You GOT THIS>
  • someone331309
    someone331309 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Austin,
    You can do this!!! Trust me, you know the work it takes! Just keep your head up and just take small steps! I never thought I would be able to get back on track, I still have my bumps in the road, but I am trying!

Good luck!
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite seasons :)
    you inspired many!
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • andaustin
    Options
    Good Luck Austing!:drinker:

You GOT THIS>

Aww thank you! I DO have this! and I appreciate the support!
  • andaustin
    Options
    the bumps are worth overcoming!
  • andaustin
    Options
    One of my favorite seasons :)
    you inspired many!

aww thank you! My journey helped inspire the first time, and I hope it inspires again!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Can totally do it!
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Is it true that BL encourages you to eat VLCD during the whole process, including doing hours of cardio with insufficient water breaks?
  • dougclarke
    dougclarke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You've got this Austin, we can all do this together!!
  • andaustin
    Options
    Is it true that BL encourages you to eat VLCD during the whole process, including doing hours of cardio with insufficient water breaks?

Well, it depends on what you mean by VLCD. If you are talking about a formulated liquid food diet, absolutely not. If you mean a loose interpretation focused on low calories, then I would say the show suggested we have our calories at a certain place, but it was up to each contestant as to whether they ate that much or not. Dr. Huizenga told me to be eating at least 1750 cals a day and I know of other contestants who were told to be eating over 2000 because of muscle density and specific body type we each had.

With that being said, I do know that many contestants have at times eaten 800 and for them, they made that choice.
  • dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Well, it depends on what you mean by VLCD. If you are talking about a formulated liquid food diet, absolutely not. If you mean a loose interpretation focused on low calories, then I would say the show suggested we have our calories at a certain place, but it was up to each contestant as to whether they ate that much or not. Dr. Huizenga told me to be eating at least 1750 cals a day and I know of other contestants who were told to be eating over 2000 because of muscle density and specific body type we each had.

With that being said, I do know that many contestants have at times eaten 800 and for them, they made that choice.

Thanks for this reply as I know at least for me I was under the belief that they limited everyone's calories to below 1200 and so I have been extremely frustrated that I haven't lost hardly any weight the last two months even though I was eating at 1200 and working out four hours a day. A trainer at my gym has been talking to me about increasing my calories to around 1800 a day (I was having an excess of 2200 a day via my Bodymedia) and it has been hard to grasp the concept of eating more.
  • christine_inPA
    christine_inPA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this reply as I know at least for me I was under the belief that they limited everyone's calories to below 1200 and so I have been extremely frustrated that I haven't lost hardly any weight the last two months even though I was eating at 1200 and working out four hours a day. A trainer at my gym has been talking to me about increasing my calories to around 1800 a day (I was having an excess of 2200 a day via my Bodymedia) and it has been hard to grasp the concept of eating more.
    [/quote]

I plateaued awhile ago and have started training for a Century and a half bike ride. If you are working out that much, you are NOT getting enough fuel/calories at 1200 a day. You really do need to up your calories. It IS VERY hard. I still have days where I can't do it, but I feel much better when i'm closer and my work outs are far more effective. Good luck!

Austin, great to have you here. Very cool!
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How amazing to have you on here with the MFP community! I loved the season of BL that you were on... great show & very inspiring! :smile:
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back! You can do it!!
  • dempseymom4
    Options
    Christine_InP Thank you. It does seem really hard to increase the calories but I know what I was doing was not working so hopefully this will break the plateau.
  • andaustin
    Options

Your Trainer is SOOO Right! You have to make sure your body is getting the calories it need, or it starts to release several hormones that prevent weight loss and can even promote weight gain even under low cals. Also, the low calorie restriction can REALLY affect your muscle/tendon and bone integrity as well as your energy levels. Your body will be more capable to respond to the workouts with a higher calorie limit AND it will begin to let your lose the rest of the weight you have!

Also remember, this journey isn't about a scale number- its about you becoming the fit person you deserve to be! The scale does define that, it just is a measuring stick. Use your fitness and your clothing as measuring sticks too!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I will believe that you are who you say you are if you post a personal pic and not one that anyone could have pulled from the internet. I'm a little suspicious given that your only photo is a promotional photo from the show.
  • dempseymom4
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I will believe that you are who you say you are if you post a personal pic and not one that anyone could have pulled from the internet. I'm a little suspicious given that your only photo is a promotional photo from the show.

Just came in to hi5 this person^

z205099164.gif