TOM question

Options
Warning - might be too much information/ uncomfortable topic for some people.

I was wondering if anyone has found that they experience more symptoms of TOM since losing weight? I am on a pill that stops me from having TOM, but I still get pain/cravings and such. The last two months I have experiences sore breasts for about a week and have never experienced this before. Was just wondering if it could be due to weight loss. Thanks.

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my boobs are sore always before the tom. as much as 10 days sometimes. i've found that since i've lost some weight/ increased regular exercise that i've actually suffered less symptoms of pms, soreness, etc... plus now my girl time is right on time.

i don't think it's anything to cause concern - it could be more in line with your age (whatever it is). but if you're concerned, you could talk with your doctor.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    dblpst
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    well, about 6 years ago i was on the pill, and started to heavily workout, diet, and lost about 30 pounds in 4 months.... then found out i was pregnant with my first daughter greta. then about 2.5 years ago, i did the diet/excerise and lost about 25 pounds in 3 months while on the nuvaring... and got pregnant with my second daughter kendra. the doctor explained to me that as we workout and watch what we eat, out body composition slightly changes. thus the birth control can become less effective. not to scare you, but you may want to take a pregnancy test if there is any chance you could be pregnant. if you are not pregnant, you may check with your gyno to see if changes your bc may be helpful.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've had worse cramps consistently for the last 9-10 months. I gotta say, my heating pad has become my best friend. If somebody can figure out why, I'd love 'em!!
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have been on the pill for about 8 years, so even tho it isnt a real period asuch, i still get swollen boobs just for 2 or 3 days before, cramps and tend to feel hungrier.. I guess the pill doesnt totally stop the 'normal' time of month signs eh!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Most of my symptoms have gotten tremendously better with the exception of breast tenderness. In fact, I think it has gotten worse! I even took a pregnancy test and nope it's not that...thank goodness because I have three children and have decided that I am done ;-)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Hormones get stored in body fat, so as you lose weight those hormones get released. This can definitely cause hormone fluctuations as your body tries to adjust. Some effects of the hormone fluctuations can be increased PMS symptoms.
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I find that if I am really conscientious about drinking enough water that my symptoms are lessened, especially in terms of the breast tenderness (believe me, I am a G cup, I absolutely understand that!). I find that 8 glasses a day is not enough, more like 10-12, and really watch your salt intake as well. Hope you find relief soon!!
    :flowerforyou: