Zumba!!!

Options
Hey there!! I go to a Zumba class at a local wellness center. Does anyone have a clue how many calories a person burns doing an hour of Zumba?? I think it can be quite a lot! Thanks!! :o)

Replies

• MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    A friend on here that goes and wears an HRM told me it is about 9 to 12 calories a minute depending on your current weight and intensity. She said she usually burns about 700 cals, but I am not sure what her weight is.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Depending on instructor, I burn anywhere between 300-400 for the 60 minute class. Best way to know - get yourself a reliable HRM
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    it really depends. If you're not using a HRM, you can probably get a close figure by logging it under aerobics, high impact.

I've found, for myself, depending on my instructor I can burn anywhere from 415 - 800 calories in an hour. HUGE difference. Fortunately I have an HRM to get an accurate figure.

zumba rules though, right? LOVE IT!
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    yes!!! i do LOVE it!! What type of HRM should I get?? What type is a reliable one? Also where can I get one?
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I :heart: my Polar F6.
    whichever one you decide to get should have a chest strap.

i got mine on ebay, but i know they sell them at sporting good stores and even in the fitness centers in stores like Sears.
    Ebay is where you'll probably find the best deal.

Do a search here on the forums for HRM and you'll see LOTS of threads.
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I'll definitely check them out!! :o)
  • thenebean9
    Options
    I burn about 700 calories in a 45 minute class, 900 in a one hour class, and 1200 if I teach a one hour class! :)