Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating everything in sight

Anyone miss eating everything in sight?I used to be quite slim and I ate whatever I wanted and whenever I want.However I was very active and going to the gym regularly so I didn't gain weight.Then I stopped going regularly and still consume the same calories and I ended gaining at least 25 pounds.I guess I just forgot that I am not type of person who eat anything in sight and not exercise.

I started going to the gym regularly again and stopped eating late at night and it took few months to start see weight coming of but then I stalled and stopped losing. I then found this site and the pounds are coming again. Now I can fit comfortably into my extra small shirts again and it feels great:drinker: .I still need to loose into my thighs and butt area and I cant wait to fit into my skinny jeans:happy:

I now eat when I am hungry since I started counting calories.I don't deny myself treats once in while and I just make sure they fit into my daily goal.I haven't cut out my favourite foods either. However,i used to eat everything at sight and out of boredom without worrying about calories. There is always food at my work and see these women eating everything in sight but then they are heavy and not thin. There was a cake and ice cream the other day and all the women that turned it down were slim women. I am just having hard time getting used of not always snacking on bag of chips and other things without worrying about calories.
Then that's a price I have to pay if I want to be slim and stay slim which is fine with me.

anyone is having the same issue.?

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    No. Even at 320 lbs I never ate "everything in sight". I got fat off overeating a few specific foods, not everything in general.

It sounds like you're more lamenting the freedom to eat whatever, unawares. And yes I do think a lot of people miss that.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    yea, but i was gaining weight like no tomorrow. cons definitely outweighed the pros
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I miss eating everything in sight. Except Okra. *kitten* Okra.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    I never ate everything in sight. I just ate too much of what I did eat.

Whole milk adds up. Pasta adds up. Corn chips and tortillas add up. I just need to to a better job of portion control.

I'm not going to lie, I miss sitting down on a regular basis with chips and a huge bowl of toxically hot salsa and a big glass of ice cold milk. I just do it on a less regular basis now.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    No. Even at 320 lbs I never ate "everything in sight". I got fat off overeating a few specific foods, not everything in general.

It sounds like you're more lamenting the freedom to eat whatever, unawares. And yes I do think a lot of people miss that.

yes you nailed it.that's what I miss.I guess I will get used to it
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    yea, but i was gaining weight like no tomorrow. cons definitely outweighed the pros

very true
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    We just wish we can eat everything in sight and not get fat or unhealthy... but wherever that land is, believe me we can't get there lol :D
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member

very true

Agreed.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    I miss it!!!

well... not everything in sight... but I see your point :)
  • Berkables
    Berkables Posts: 35
    oh my goodness, yes.

And it's not the food I miss, because as others have said I can still eat mostly whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories, it's the not having to count. I miss just eating some food without worrying about exact weights and portions and logging it into my app. Sigh, but I guess it wasn't worth it.
  • You could pick a day every so often to eat worry free. Once a month or so I go to a favorite restaurant and don't count calories or even think about "being good". I order whatever. It is fun to "eat everything in sight" without a worry. It isn't possible to do that all of the time and stay slim, but you can do so once in a while without doing much damage. I've lost sixty lbs in two years and definitely have the occasional worry free splurge (NOT DAILY).
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    I miss eating so much pizza that i get sick afterwards! Now i have to stop at 2-3 slices of pizza...... The good thing is that my stomach seems to have shrunk a little and now 2-3 pieces of pizza is enough to stuff me full and make me sick :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    That's basically what I did all weekend so, no, I don't miss it. Managed to keep my weekly average at maintenance, so I don't expect a gain either. Ah, monthly fattycake weekends are so fun. :)