P90X3 Group

Options
Starting P90X3 today. Previously I have completed all three phases of T25 and the first phase of Insanity. I found Insanity is a bit to hard for me to continue into the second phase so I chose P90X3 as my next program to hopefully transition me back into Insanity at a later date once my fitness level increases some more.

So is anyone else starting P90X this week or has recently started that wants to buddy up and help each other out? Either post in the thread of send me a buddy request.

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not doing P90X (or 3) at the moment - although I possess both of them! I'm in week 2 of Turbofire, which is another Beachbody program, if you'd like to add me for motivation and support =)

I could call myself a P90X/3 grad, if I'd only ever finished the darn programs ;) For some reason I never seem to get past block 1... But I've done Block 1 of each program enough times to make 90+ days apiece!! Haha.

Regardless, good luck in your X journey, and good luck getting back into insanity - and maybe in the future, the asylum?:drinker:
  • Monkey_Girl93
    Options
    I started today! :)

I'd love more buddies and motivation help!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I started today! :)

I'd love more buddies and motivation help!

Sweet. I found that first video Total Synergistics to be kinda easy. Hoping it gets more difficult as it goes along. How was it for you?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have just finished P90X3- LOVED IT! got great results! i just need to figure out how i can get a proper pull up bar so i can do it again!
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    i have just finished P90X3- LOVED IT! got great results! i just need to figure out how i can get a proper pull up bar so i can do it again!

I got mine off of Amazon for $30. Mounts right to a ceiling joist. Sturdy as can be. Now if I could do more then 3-4 pullups at a time I'll be happy....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I got mine off of Amazon for $30. Mounts right to a ceiling joist. Sturdy as can be. Now if I could do more then 3-4 pullups at a time I'll be happy....

complete the 90 days of P90 and i'm sure you will be able to!
  • Monkey_Girl93
    Options
    I found total synergystics easier except the balancing bits- my balance isn't great! But Agility X was tough. I hate jumping haha!
  • nikkilooloo99
    nikkilooloo99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of P90x3 and so far so good. I have a pull up bar... just not very good at pull ups! :)
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    I am on day 2 of P90x3 and so far so good. I have a pull up bar... just not very good at pull ups! :)

Same here. Agility X? Will be doing it after work. Have you done it already? I have the tape laid out and from the reviews I read sounds like the whole DVD uses the tape.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    So my thoughts on Agility X. Much harder of a workout then Total Synergistics was. I had sweat dripping off me. Still not quite as intense as the cardio stuff in T25. The tape design and the exercises were very different then anything I had to do in T25 though so it was sort of interesting. Good overall workout. NOT looking forward to Yoga tonight. Yoga and Pilates are not my thing. I will do them because it's part of the program but I will be doing them begrudgingly lol
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, day 2 today, which was Agility X. Monday is my off day, b/c it works better with my work schedule.

I'm having some equipment issues - hardwood floors, matting slips on it when I do the jumps - so I'm going to head to a hardware store today to try to come up with a solution.

I really like the program so far. I agree that Agility X definitely produces the most sweat.

Yoga is great. You don't really realize how hard you are working until you are trying to hold the boat pose for more than 5 seconds at a time. And Crow? Forget it. There's this one guy on the yoga video that you are going to come to loathe, b/c he does these super-advance modified versions of the pose that you can't even do regular.

Feel free to add me! I'll check in on this thread when I can.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Did "The Challenge" last night. Good Lord I suck at pullups. Tony and his cohorts are rattling off like 18-20 a pop and I am doing 3. And I'm being generous giving my self the 3rd one as a counted rep as it usually ends with me barely getting my chin over the bar. My upper body hasn't been this sore in a long long time and I do weights 2-3 times a week on average. Owies :(
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X3 on Monday. Let's do this!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I also started P90X3 this past Monday. I'll be doing CVX tonight after my kids go to bed. I tried starting P90X3 about 2 months ago but didn't stick with it due to life...go figure. I'm very hyped about it this time and would love to have some motivation from fellow MFP members.
  • T100smiles
    T100smiles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I will be starting p90x3 in a week and I am starting to prep with all of the necessary information. I read online that myfitnesspal has a way of tracking your national level in connection to this program. Is that true? If so, how can it be set up?
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Did Yoga today along with The Warrior because I missed a video this week. I do not like it but I will endure. Is it bad I was hoping that Ted guy would fall over for showing off so much?? :devil:
  • nikkilooloo99
    nikkilooloo99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Same here. Agility X? Will be doing it after work. Have you done it already? I have the tape laid out and from the reviews I read sounds like the whole DVD uses the tape.
    I am doing the "lean" program so I did Agility x yesterday, loved it! It was hard work, the moves aren't hard, you just work hard.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Today was yoga and then tonight after the kids go to bed I'll get on the treadmill for a walk for about a half hour. I'm looking forward to The Challenge tomorrow. I love that workout.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing a hybrid of insanity and p90x3. Yesterday I did CVX ...love cardio with weights.
    Today is Insanity Max Interval Cardio I believe.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    I will admit I have manufactured reasons to skip the Yoga DVD the last two weeks. Tuesday I was cleaning my backyard and stumbled upon a Yellow Jacket hive and got stung like 6 times on my leg. My first thought was... "Oh well guess I have an excuse not to do the Yoga DVD tonight". :drinker:

I really hate it lol