Fantasy Football Widows - Anyone? Or just me?

amberchristi
amberchristi Posts: 54
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I cannot tell you how much I HATE football season. Now don't get me wrong - I love watching the games and have several teams I follow (Go Chargers!)... but my husband is so OBSESSED with his stupid fantasy teams that it feels like I'm a single woman from September to February. He's constantly on the computer checking stats and scores and trades and match ups... I feel like I don't even exist. And I know that the kids probably miss having dad's attention too.

Anyone feelin' my pain?? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Replies

• iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    I know how you feel! My husband just started doing the fantasy football thing this year but every football season on Sundays I might as well forget about trying to spend time with him..lol I enjoy watching football too but I'm not obsessive about it. It's annoying to me because Sundays are the only day that we both have off together too every week. Oh well though..just a couple of more months of it. :happy:
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    I was one of those Football Widows for 3 years until I actually joined my husbands fantasy league (they need to fill a spot)... now we both get to chat about the players and both are excited about all the games... I knew I wouldn't be able to change that part of his life, so instead of fighting it I joined him... (and I looooove beating the boys at their own game!)
  • LOL, I was they same way until I joined in on the fun a few years ago. Now I have 3 fantasy teams and I'm just as bad as my husband. ;-)
    And, it is extrememly fun to beat the boys!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I was the same way too> I joined this year with some of my girlfriends' husbands and now my bf and I can obsess togeter every week. My only real complaint this year s that last week we were on vacation in Mexico and he and his buddies insisted on finding a bar in town to watch the games. I seriously could have been just fine ignoring football on my tropical vacation.
This discussion has been closed.