Diary advise

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
My diary is open and I'd love any advise or comments you guys have.

Snacking at night is something I'm really working on getting under control as well as my water intake. I'm not seeing results (weight loss or inches) like I did the first time I did this 3 years ago. I know it takes time and I'm willing to put in the time and work, but I would like to have some opinions on where I can improve. I have my macros set at 40/30/30 and I know I need to get my carbs down within that range and my protein up.

TIA!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    you should check out this post on logging accurately;
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+accurately

from what i can see this is your main issue, alot of volume measurements when weights should be used and whatnot
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Here's why I ask.

If your diary is accurate, then there's lots of days where you net 1000 calories, or even less. You report that you have trouble with unplanned snacking at night. I don't know for sure since I don't know the whole story. But if you eat at a reasonable deficit (whatever that might be for you), I think you'll be less likely to be tempted by snacks at night. And your fiber seems low (don't know if you have IBS or anything like that that makes fiber tough for you). If you eat more fiber and just more calories throughout the day, you might find yourself feeling fuller with fewer urges to snack.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I am 5'10 with no health issues.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What do you estimate your TDEE to be? How much do you currently weight? How often do you exercise?

Again, if you're accurate in your journal, I think adding another couple hundred calories would make a big difference to your snack control. Or just plan for 150-200 calorie snack at night and work that into your overall goal for the day.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I currently weigh 145 and I workout 5 to 6 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    And I use a HRM to get my burned calories
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    you should check out this post on logging accurately;
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+accurately

from what i can see this is your main issue, alot of volume measurements when weights should be used and whatnot

I agree with this but also you are eating less than 1000 calories on a lot of days recently. I'm not sure what your goal weight is, but your BMI is in the healthy range. You are snacking at night because you aren't eating enough and your body is hungry. Make sure to drink more water. I would start some strength training. Eat a little more protein.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary makes me hungry.
    Seem to me you eat pretty healthy, but the last week or so you skip meals and eat less calories.
    Where you having the snacking issue all along?
  • ladybg81
    Options
    Seem to me you eat pretty healthy, but the last week or so you skip meals and eat less calories.

LOL!!!

Snacking has ALWAYS been something I struggle with. I'd rather snack than eat a real meal unfortunately. I think I agree with EVERYONE at this point that I really should eat more. Eat my 1300 plus maybe half of my exercise calories back. I'm adding in a protein shake at night after my workout so that should help. I am doing the 21 day fix right now and that does incorporate weights. I'll be starting a real lifting routine in August and I'm super psyched. I used to left a lot and I miss it. Thanks for the helpful advise!!!
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options

LOL!!!

Snacking has ALWAYS been something I struggle with. I'd rather snack than eat a real meal unfortunately. I think I agree with EVERYONE at this point that I really should eat more. Eat my 1300 plus maybe half of my exercise calories back. I'm adding in a protein shake at night after my workout so that should help. I am doing the 21 day fix right now and that does incorporate weights. I'll be starting a real lifting routine in August and I'm super psyched. I used to left a lot and I miss it. Thanks for the helpful advise!!!
    Seems to me you have a good plan. I wish you luck.