keep giving in to cravings?! Help!

Once i start eating i can't stop, it's like i just always want food, even when i'm not hungry! Does anyone have any tips from getting over this stage of dieting? Any special motivation? I just want to break this habit!!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Without knowing anything about what you're eating or what your workout routine looks like, here are my 5 generic tips to hunger.

1. Make sure that your calorie goal is set appropriately. Way too many people skip this step and are actually undereating. Your body may want more food for a reason: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

2. look for foods that are higher in protein, fat, and fiber. These help us stay fuller and more satisfied for longer.

3. Drink plenty of fluids. Some people really do confuse thirst and hunger (of course, some people don't).

4. Play around with your meal times. Some people do really well on 6 small meals a day and others feel like gnawing their own arms off with that kind of meal schedule. When you eat won't affect your weight loss, but it may affect your mood and hunger levels throughout the day. It's okay to try things out to see what works for you.

5. Wait it out. If you know you're eating enough, getting enough protein & fat and enough water, etc. then you may just have to wait. Your body sends out hunger cues partially out of habit. It will catch on to the idea that you need to be hungry less often, but it could take some time for your body to catch up with the new routine.