Vitamins

Options
Someone suggested taking B-12 whils trying to loose weight? Should I?

I dont take any vitamins right now! I was taking Womens One A Day and it made me so nauseous! Tried with with food, without food, morning, day and night...nothing worked :(

Replies

• gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I found that in order to reach the daily recommended amounts of vitamins and minerals recommended was hard for me to reach without taking supplements. Iron, vitamin B, calcium and vitamin d are all good for energy and general well being. You can see how your doing each day by looking at your MFP food log. Some vitamins are better than others when it comes to your stomach issues. You can also try shakeology or some other sort of nutritional supplement that might agree with you better.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me with those vitamins and I discovered that it was the Iron I reacted to. You might try finding a vitamin that doesn't contain Iron and see if that is better.

Sharon
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says that Vitamin C increases your metabolism and helps you lose weight.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    b12 helps with all sorts of things.

I take a multi vitamin b/c I don't do so well with getting all my veggies in. Have you tried an organic vitamin from some place like whole foods?
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    b12 helps with all sorts of things.

I take a multi vitamin b/c I don't do so well with getting all my veggies in. Have you tried an organic vitamin from some place like whole foods?

No, I havent! although a friend suggested a vitamin called Sea Nutrients..she said its the best on the market. I couldnt find it anywhere!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was taking a multi and didn't have any idea how much it was helping me until I ran out. The next day, and every day until today (6 days in a row), I was super tired and just felt like doing nothing. I didn't make the connection until today. Looked it up and B12 definitely helps with energy.
    I went to Walgreens and bought Alive! Women's Energy. The bottle has 50 tablets, it was $12.49, and it was BOGO half off, so I got two.
    I was taking VegLife Vegan One Multiple before but BLECH. It smells like urine, made my whole purse stink, and made me gag when I swallowed it.
    The Alive! has hardly any smell at all, is also only one per day, and is much easier to take.
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A member of my Weight Watchers class had this issue and she started using the new gummie vitamins for adults. She said they didn't cause all of the stomach problams.