First Real Diet

Options
blinx7
blinx7 Posts: 11 Member
Hi all,

I am a 29 year old male and need to lose approximately 20 pounds (10 to get back to normal BMI, 10 more to get to a reasonable preferred weight and then I'll reassess). Until recently my weight has always been normal (although I haven't always been in great shape -- I have low muscle mass and was "skinny fat" for a long time).

Over the past four years I worked a very intense, sedentary job with long hours (60 hours per week of sitting, then usually home to flop on the couch). Ten pounds creeped up over the past three years and then my wife and I had a baby, which is wonderful but since then I've added another ten pounds over the last year.

I've always exercised a reasonable amount (approx. twice a week) but have been lax about my diet and realized that I need to crack down. If I work hard now I can get back to a normal weight and have a happy, healthy life, but if I keep going the way I'm going I will become very overweight in ten or twenty years.

I am leaving my job for a less intense job (maybe 50 hours per week) and want to use this time as a catalyst for change. I'm impressed to see all the people on this site that have changed their life through tracking their health and am excited to learn how it is done!