Cheat meal/day confusion

Options
2»

Replies

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If it is under your calorie goal, it isn't cheating.

Some people want you to follow macros more closely, but I'm not as concerned about that as the total calorie goal.

With that said, some people don't have the same definition of cheating. When I give myself a "cheat day" (I've been going since June 2, and won't get one for a few weeks, so it isn't often), I am telling myself to eat whatever I want and as much as I want. I'm not just going to go 200 calories over. I'm going to be thousands of calories over. I have a specific weight to achieve before I can have a "cheat day." After that "cheat day," I will probably gain a few lbs. But here is what I plan to eat:
    -2 lbs. (pre-cooked) spaghetti, with sauce and meatballs
    -2 (or maybe 3) large pizzas - taco and pineapple
    -A pan of brownies
    -A cake
    -Maybe some chocolate chip cookies as well

THAT is a cheat day! It isn't easy to eat as little as I have been, so if I do that every 4-5 times every year, I don't feel bad at all.
    When will this food fest be happening because I will buy a plane ticket today LOL
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Ultimately you have to find your own path. There is no one right answer/99 wrong answers. For me its about targeting my weak areas: fruits & veggies. And making sure I get enough protein, water. Other than that, I take it day by day and look to overall goals.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Like if I'm under my caloric goal and I have room to eat 2 Oreo cookies, am I cheating?

No, I wouldn't call that cheating. Even if the two Oreos put you over your calorie goal, you could easily eat a little less on other days of the week to balance it out so that on average you're are within your goal.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Some people want you to follow macros more closely, but I'm not as concerned about that as the total calorie goal.

With that said, some people don't have the same definition of cheating. When I give myself a "cheat day" (I've been going since June 2, and won't get one for a few weeks, so it isn't often), I am telling myself to eat whatever I want and as much as I want. I'm not just going to go 200 calories over. I'm going to be thousands of calories over. I have a specific weight to achieve before I can have a "cheat day." After that "cheat day," I will probably gain a few lbs. But here is what I plan to eat:
    -A pan of brownies
    -A cake

THAT is a cheat day! It isn't easy to eat as little as I have been, so if I do that every 4-5 times every year, I don't feel bad at all.
    When will this food fest be happening because I will buy a plane ticket today LOL

It will happen on the next free day that I can find after getting to 185 lbs... Yes, I do intend to block out a day to binge eat.

This should be within 3-4 weeks. If you are coming, you will need to bring food as well because I don't intend to share.

If you can't make this one, I'll probably do it again when I get to 175 lbs. (a bigger goal), as I transition from only targeting weight loss to working on muscle growth also.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Birthday Cake Oreos are my favorite.

haha. This cracked me up. Way to lighten things up :)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Same:love:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Oreos - you are eating the wrong ones.

although it means more for me. hmmmmm.

Keep on eating them birfday cake ones.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    yes
  • asdowe13
    Options

-A pan of brownies
    -A cake

Are you planning to eat like this for the rest of your life??
    Wouldn't it just be better to eat a serving of this stuff every so often, and not abstaining from it??

All the power to you if it's working for you, but i like my oreos, and pizza, and cake, and tacos (having tacos tonight)
    And i am losing weight pretty steadily.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

-A pan of brownies
    -A cake

Are you planning to eat like this for the rest of your life??
    Wouldn't it just be better to eat a serving of this stuff every so often, and not abstaining from it??

All the power to you if it's working for you, but i like my oreos, and pizza, and cake, and tacos (having tacos tonight)
    And i am losing weight pretty steadily.

Do I plan to eat so little I'm hungry all the time, and then have a big cheat day every now and then for the rest of my life? I don't know. What I do know is that, after months of eating enough to lose weight very very slowly (I actually started in January, and took a month and a half off before starting again in June due to some medical issues related to more rapid weight loss earlier in the year), I know I can't possibly keep up a lower calorie diet forever. In other words, there is no long-term solution where I can feel satiated every day for the rest of my life without becoming overweight again. Part of the reason that I can eat a whole lot and still be hungry is that I don't make any amylin like most people. This is working for me now, and I'll have to figure out what will work for me later when I get there. As of now, I only have 2 phases figured out... the current one and the next. After that, I'll have to come up with a maintenance plan. This won't happen for awhile, so I'm not going to stress about it today.
  • shortntall1
    Options
    dbl post
  • shortntall1
    Options

-A pan of brownies
    -A cake

It will happen on the next free day that I can find after getting to 185 lbs... Yes, I do intend to block out a day to binge eat.

This should be within 3-4 weeks. If you are coming, you will need to bring food as well because I don't intend to share.

If you can't make this one, I'll probably do it again when I get to 175 lbs. (a bigger goal), as I transition from only targeting weight loss to working on muscle growth also.
    I'll bring Maine goodies!! lol
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Have you tried the Watermelon Oreos? #iloveoreos
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

-A pan of brownies
    -A cake

What are Maine goodies? The only time I visited Maine was to go to Acadia National Park. It seemed like there were lobsters, maybe some crabs... I would guess maple syrup from further north.
  • shortntall1
    Options

-A pan of brownies
    -A cake

What are Maine goodies? The only time I visited Maine was to go to Acadia National Park. It seemed like there were lobsters, maybe some crabs... I would guess maple syrup from further north.
    Lobster,yes. Maine blueberries. Maple candy. Needhams. Humpty Dumpty brand chips. Red hot dogs. PLUS, I live on the Canadian border and they have awesome candy,cakes and ice cream, although I dont think ice cream would make the trip. Google Vachon cakes.
  • asdowe13
    Options

Have you tried the Watermelon Oreos? #iloveoreos

Of course I've tried watermelon oreos. I love watermelon oreos.