snacks without a refridgerator

Options
Hello everyone! I need some help. I am going on a work trip with 14 youth from my 4-H program tomorrow for 4 days. We will be staying in the dorms at a University with no access to a refrigerator. I need some snack ideas to keep me from eating all sorts of bad things. Thanks for any help in advance!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit
    nuts, seeds
    dry cereal
    snack/protein/granola bars
    100 cal packs of cookies, crackers, microwave popcorn

P.S. in case there aren't any microwaves, pop your own popcorn and bring it in portioned bags.
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Granola/protein bars, fruit, nuts, 100 calorie packs, fat free/light chips or Pringles, peanut butter...
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    How much room do you have to pack?

Many fruits will be fine without a fridge for 4 days (apples, pears, bananas, etc). Some good high protein/high fiber granola or protein type bars, depending on what you like/need (Kind bars, Fiber One bars, Quest bars, etc). Something that will satisfy a salty/crunchy craving (snap pea crisps, popcorn, pretzel sticks, Special K cracker chips, etc) - try to individually portion those if you can to keep better track of what you're eating. Maybe even some beef jerky?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    And no cooler or lunch bag with ice pack?
    Canned dolmas (trader joes has good ones) with seasoned tomato sauce for dipping
    tuna (in that foil bag) and crackers--pack a cut lemon
    beef jerky
    cut up pastries (fit them in your macros)
    Kombucha (GT Dave's brand)