Marathon Time

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No.

Are you seriously asking this or is this some kind of jape?

I'm going to go with 'joke we aren't in on', because the advice in the first response was too terrible to be real.

Oh good. These "inside jokes in F&E" are my favorites.

I like to watch these threads develop and imagine how awesome it must be to be on the other side in the cool kids club.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    If only I had some really bad advice to give so others might think I was cool too...

...but I have a policy about giving intentionally bad advice in F&E (and similar) categories.

*shrug*

:flowerforyou:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Hold up there man. If you start rocking out those sevens at a marathon then the eye candy starts gets fewer and more far between.

Dude, did you read my "corral theory" or something?

I did not but if your theory suggest that the 8:30-10 minute corrals are the best for sightseeing then I think you are on to something and should look for funding a study.

I've been saying this for a long time! I've run a couple HMs in the low-7's and it was a total sausage party. Then for the next two, I slowed it down to about an 8min/mi pace and it was like a whole new world. There were lots of cute girls, and they were talkative, smiling, and looked like they took a wrong turn at a sorority pillow fight. I pinched myself and even splashed water in my face at an aid station just to make sure I wasn't in some kind of dream. From now on, I register my approximate finishing times appropriately so I can get put in corral C.

Run a little faster guys... I was up finishing at 1:33.. I know it's hard to see me from way back at 1:36. But I'm hot & I was there!

Boom!!!!!

If that azz is motivating enough you"ll see me a few feet behind ya in your finishing photo....and my eyes won't be down checking my garmin.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Now Jenn wants Stan in the 6:30 corral
    Hold up there man. If you start rocking out those sevens at a marathon then the eye candy starts gets fewer and more far between.

Dude, did you read my "corral theory" or something?

I did not but if your theory suggest that the 8:30-10 minute corrals are the best for sightseeing then I think you are on to something and should look for funding a study.

I've been saying this for a long time! I've run a couple HMs in the low-7's and it was a total sausage party. Then for the next two, I slowed it down to about an 8min/mi pace and it was like a whole new world. There were lots of cute girls, and they were talkative, smiling, and looked like they took a wrong turn at a sorority pillow fight. I pinched myself and even splashed water in my face at an aid station just to make sure I wasn't in some kind of dream. From now on, I register my approximate finishing times appropriately so I can get put in corral C.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Run a little faster guys... I was up finishing at 1:33.. I know it's hard to see me from way back at 1:36. But I'm hot & I was there!

Boom!!!!!

You mention your pace a lot.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Boom!!!!!

Sorry did it hurt your ego?
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Some people just improve faster than others.

Miss Hot chick speedy pants runner Victoria is one of those. ????. (Hi!)

Anything is possible, Stan.

Hell, I'm still chasing that damn sub 4. LOL.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Boom!!!!!

Oomph. Someone's being defensive. I guess you really do mention it that much.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I recently got into running. I never ran a marathon before but will run my first one in December. I have been training really hard for it.
    I hope to someday soon to be able to run in Boston. But I know you have to qualify for that and the times are really tough to be able to qualify for Boston. I am making a lot of progress over the last year. I am 42 years old. I calculated that I have to run a 7:35 pace. Right now I can run maybe a 8:30 pace for 10 miles. You think I can bring that down a whole minute by December?

This December? No. But next December? I don't see why not.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    lol

Boom!!!!!

• ElliottTN
    Options

Boom!!!!!

If you've got it, flaunt it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Boom!!!!!

She should just make a signature like Niner and make sure it's posted in every single post..just so we don't miss it. :laugh:
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

Boom!!!!!

That's odd. Not at all, I run a 13 minute mile! That isn't a core area of my efforts.

Regardless, I don't base my self-worth on such comparisons . . . and even if I did, for god's sake, I would at least feign some humility.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Boom!!!!!

Make sure she says it in literally every post, lest we forget that she's fast. I expect a mention of, "I've never been slow, but..." in the next topic looking for running advice.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Seriously I feel like it's an inside joke or something that I don't get.
  • ElliottTN
    Options
    Is it jelly school enrollment day in this thread?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Boom!!!!!

When you've *really* got it, you don't have to.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

Vocabulary school.

Distaste toward braggadachio and fanfaronade != resentment toward success and achievement.

And a valuable lesson was not learned that day.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Vocabulary school.

Distaste toward braggadachio and fanfaronade != resentment toward success and achievement.

And a valuable lesson was not learned that day.

So many cool words in this thread!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    be sure to pace yourself at a slower pace. You have 26 miles to go. When I did my first one I held my pace at 11 min mile. Then at the last 5 miles I had something left to run faster. Do no push to start and burn yourself out. You have a good 10 mile pace. Run 20 miles and see how it feels. You should run 20 miles several times before the actual marathon so you know you can do it and your body knows what it feels like, Good Luck
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    bump 335 and 125 full and half(not me)