I don't eat all that much some days...

Options
So, I'm waaaay under my calorie goal, and I often end up eating sweets, which is bad.

Anyone have any recipes that would be good as an alternative for that?

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for sweets that won't kill your hard work??? or something to fill in the missing calories?
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    anyday i eat below my calories, i end up eating yogurt or fruits, and maybe even crackers to fill up the space. dannon light and fit is 80 calories, yoplus digestive is 110 calories, and they taste good and are a healthier option. You can also check online for light soup recipes ranging from 120 calories to 200 calories depending on how much your making up for. They are healthy and filling too. cheers
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting your calorie goal because you simply aren't hungry you can try using up some of those calories with liquids. Natural fruit juices without added sugar, protein shakes and smoothies are all great.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Missing calories.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting your calorie goal because you simply aren't hungry you can try using up some of those calories with liquids. Natural fruit juices without added sugar, protein shakes and smoothies are all great.

Thanks~ that was what I was looking for
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Thanks~ that was what I was looking for

almond chocolate milk is also awesome...handful of nuts too...but yeah i recommend drinking your calories if you're just not hungry...but be choosey on what you drink, some things aren't good lol
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love Bolthouse smoothies. You can buy them in the refrigerated section in most grocery stores. Depending on the type you buy an average 8oz glass is 120 cals. They taste great and they provide you with much needed nutrients. Also try almonds or unsalted cashews (I personally eat cashews as I do not like almonds). Also fruits fruits fruits! If you need some ideas feel free to look at my food diary!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love Bolthouse smoothies. You can buy them in the refrigerated section in most grocery stores. Depending on the type you buy an average 8oz glass is 120 cals. They taste great and they provide you with much needed nutrients. Also try almonds or unsalted cashews (I personally eat cashews as I do not like almonds). Also fruits fruits fruits! If you need some ideas feel free to look at my food diary!

OMG Chez I tried them...they're sick!!!! they're like smashed fruits, all thick and gooey...to much...just eat your fruit lol
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options

OMG Chez I tried them...they're sick!!!! they're like smashed fruits, all thick and gooey...to much...just eat your fruit lol

Okay girlfriend... what kind did you try? Did you do the Green Goodness or Strawberry Banana? I think they are freaking awesome! But husband and kids ... not so much! LOL
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nuts is high cal and good fat. ALmond also have omega3 or 6 . I forgot.
    I would not eat/drink empty calories since the insulin level will shoot up so high.
    Also if I get use to the taste of them and I will crave for them later.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options

omg those are my favorite too....love their protein shakes post-workout!