Highly recommend this video! It kicked my butt (literally)!

CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
A lot of you are probably aware that Netflix has a lot of workout videos you can stream instantly. I seem to be losing weight very quickly in my waist and not so quickly in my hips/butt/thighs, so I was looking for something that would target that area.
I did "Self: Your Best Butt Fast!" and sweated like crazy, burned a bunch of calories (over 400 in 40 minutes), but honestly didn't feel like my butt or thighs had really worked THAT hard...
Until the next day. And the day after that. Muscles I didn't even know existed were sore - the good sore, the sore that makes you KNOW you had a good workout. My inner thighs, hips, butt, tops of my thighs - all of it - definitely got a good workout.
Since I have only done the workout twice now (I had to have a few days to recover from the first time - I am still really out of shape), I can't attest to its promise for a noticeably better butt in as little as 4 weeks, but I can tell you that I got a great workout that targeted the specific areas I wanted to work on, try this video.
It incorporates standard squats and lunges with cardio, kickboxing, ballet moves (plies, for example) and yoga. The first two-thirds will get you quite sweaty, but the last portion (yoga) still makes you work really hard.
I plan to do the video twice a week in addition to my other workouts (I do water aerobics twice a week, Zumba once a week, and walk almost every day in addition to modified push-ups -- I can't do real ones yet).

Replies

• poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    I'll need to join netflix once I can afford it. I know it's cheap but I can barely afford the mandatories right now.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Ask a friend to share their account (and cost) with you. You can activate up to 6 devices so there shouldn't be any issue.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    added it to my streaming list! thanks for the tip!
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    thanks for the tip! gonna give it a try whenever i can get the rest of the fam out of the living room...lol
  • If you want a video that REALLY makes your *kitten* and thighs burn, watch 8 minute buns I think it is on youtube. 8 minutes and you won't walk properly for the rest of the day unless those muscles are regularly worked and you're in amazing shape.
  • Thanks for the info. I will definitely have to try this.
  • 8 Minute abs are really good too.
  • CoryIda
    If you want a video that REALLY makes your *kitten* and thighs burn, watch 8 minute buns I think it is on youtube. 8 minutes and you won't walk properly for the rest of the day unless those muscles are regularly worked and you're in amazing shape.

Yeah, that's how this one was (although in admittedly a longer time than 8 minutes). I think people in really good shape might not think this is much of a challenge (although the instructor lady on the video was fairly sweaty by the end), but anyone else will get their butt kicked. I love that it ends with yoga, not only because it helps me "cool down" a little from the intensity of the other exercises, but the poses are held for several counts, which really makes those muscles work.
  • I was amazed by the 8 minute series by The Firm. Didn't think 8 minutes would do much good but they really get you working in that 8 minutes.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    I can't wait to try this!!! THANK YOU! :o) Ready to get my butt in gear!!! :o)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I really like the Pick your Spot pilates with Ellen Barratt as the instructor. You can select three different workouts, abs, legs, and (butt/arms.. can't remember right now!). I always feel sore afterward. Each segment is only ten minutes long. It's on Netflix as well.

Shannon
  • CoryIda
    I really like the Pick your Spot pilates with Ellen Barratt as the instructor. You can select three different workouts, abs, legs, and (butt/arms.. can't remember right now!). I always feel sore afterward. Each segment is only ten minutes long. It's on Netflix as well.

Shannon

I like her "pick your level weightloss pilates" and have done it several times (on Netflix also) - I will have to look up the Pick Your Spot video. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    This might be the same video. Is it purple on the cover?

Shannon
  • CoryIda
    No, it's white with red letters - I found the "Pick Your Spot" one and have added it to my queue. :)
This discussion has been closed.