Lemon water help with weight loss??

Options
Okay, so I've heard this for ages! I wonder if it helps with weight loss to drink warm lemon water, especially in the morning? I wonder if I am eating clean and exercising if adding this will even help a but more? Think I shall conduct a self experiment and track my results to see if it helps at all. Wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas :) Anything that helps and is natural I think is great! I also wondered about green tea supplement too. Anyone try this? How did these things work for you? Lets share ideas and experience! Have an awesome day!!

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, if it helps you avoid snacking out of boredom or something?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Both taste good, but other than that there's not much to help you lose weight. I take green tea supplements for added antioxidants, but that's it. Caffeine can be an appetite suppressant, so there's really no difference than drinking coffee.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,566 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water, hot or cold, daily. I am losing weight at a steady clip but I attribute that to no longer stuffing my face with crap (aka caloric deficit). I drink it because it tastes good.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I drink warm lemon water every morning. I helps me shed the water weight and not bloat. It is a natural diuretic. I do not think it affects me as an appetite suppressant though.
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    I drink warm lemon water quite a bit, mainly because it helps me keep my water intake up during the day, and it tastes good (I like sour stuff lol).

As far as weight loss goes, I can't say I have seen any significant weight loss from that alone, but it certainly can't hurt to have lemon water in the place of something such as a soda.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Its a natural diuretic. that's all. You will lose water but not fat.