15 pounds in 5 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi Steve0820. I agree, time will only tell if I will be able to do this, with 5 pounds of muscle. Regarding the amount of muscle one can gain in X time, really believe in real-world experiment now and want to test this, on the basis of specific assumptions about protein, carb and fat synthesis and absorption for example :) Are you able to quote a study to back up you implying this would be impossible? If you can I will read it. Otherwise, perhaps it's just best to wait and see if I manage to do it. And perhaps you also shouldn't have such limiting beliefs unto others, implied by your laughter, because perhaps they are limiting the rate at which you can gain muscle! Perhaps it may be pragmatic to believe one can gain an unlimited amount, by the very phenomenological effect that has on one achieving whatever science's pre-defined full capacity of that person is?

Then prove us wrong.

My most successful bulk was 16lbs in 5 months (give or take).

Also, what progressive training program are you implementing for this? I haven't heard anything about that. Curious to see how you will add that +5lbs of muscle.

3500 cal surplus a week to gain 1lbs, X 3 = 10500cal surplus\week.

I hope you like to eat! Good luck.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In.mp4
  • ARBear90
    ARBear90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh 76kgs and I'm looking to put on 4 kgs soon. What macros and calories should I be looking at? I workout 4/5 times a week and do mild cariod for 30
    Mins each time
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    we're 3 weeks in, how are you getting on OP, you're 10lb up in muscle by now, right?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Has it been 5 weeks yet? I can't wait to see the results of this scientific experiment.
  • jarudman
    Options
    Take up a starting strength programme, (Jason Blahas 5x5)
    Eat enough, sleep and drink water.

You can go up quite a few pounds without any real fat if you train hard, don't hide from the work.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    26 year old male who weighs 110 pounds?

Every one of my ex girlfriends were bigger than you, come on mate.

Did you read his OP? He has a chronic illness (ulcerative colitis) that causes weight loss/loss of appetite in some folks. From my understanding, he's in the process of trying to regain weight he lost while ill.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Two weeks left. Just wondering how it's going?

OP should have gained around 4 pounds of pure muscle mass by now...

Also here's some reading for you on the subject. http://www.weightrainer.net/rate_of_gain.html And if you happen disprove any of what Casey Butt, or Ron Sowers have written on the subjects of rate of gains or muscular potential please let us know...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    5 week bump!!!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try looking at Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.....I am just starting to work my way through the eBook and there seems to be a fair amount of good information in there on how to gain muscle mass.