Chicken Satay-style Goodness

Options
oliverwnc
oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
One of my very favourite foods so I thought I'd share. Because you can vary the quantities so much I don't want to put macros but I'll give a rough idea.

Ingredients: chicken breast no skin, all natural peanut butter, low sodium soy sauce + optionally some brown rice and greens of your choice to go with.

Method: could not be easier. Cut up the chicken into pieces and fry it in a pan with a bit of cooking spray. In a cup (or something) mix up peanut butter, soy sauce and some water (I recommend hot because it just helps initially break up the PB).

Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and then pour over the sauce. Mix it all around until it has reduced down to the consistency that you want and then eat.

Earlier I did it with 200g chicken, 65g brown rice, 65g peas and 20g PB. Macros were: Cals 640 Protein 77 Carbs 58 Fat 15 Fibre 5. You can tweak them at will. I enjoyed it greatly. I hope you do too.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    One of my very favourite foods so I thought I'd share. Because you can vary the quantities so much I don't want to put macros but I'll give a rough idea.

Ingredients: chicken breast no skin, all natural peanut butter, low sodium soy sauce + optionally some brown rice and greens of your choice to go with.

Method: could not be easier. Cut up the chicken into pieces and fry it in a pan with a bit of cooking spray. In a cup (or something) mix up peanut butter, soy sauce and some water (I recommend hot because it just helps initially break up the PB).

Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and then pour over the sauce. Mix it all around until it has reduced down to the consistency that you want and then eat.

Earlier I did it with 200g chicken, 65g brown rice, 65g peas and 20g PB. Macros were: Cals 640 Protein 77 Carbs 58 Fat 15 Fibre 5. You can tweak them at will. I enjoyed it greatly. I hope you do too.

I also add a splash of lime juice and Frank's red hot for a little more 'authenticity', lol - actually had mine on stirfried veg today with a big handful of walnuts (my 'higher fat' meal)
  • oliverwnc
    oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lime juice and ginger are both good additions but I was feeling particularly simple. Envy the extra nuts - I'm on about 50g fat at the moment so not too much leeway!