too high calories

Options
2»

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good advice. I'm still often having problems with my grip. Holds are often too small for me to get a good hold of them and I really want more endurance in my fingers and forearms. I am trying to use my feet more but especially the negative slopes are pretty hard and wear my arms out fast.
  • ZoltanPapp
    Options
    ok. i think you don't have a problem with your grip. that's exactly what i meant before. either ways no swet just hav fun...

i had a gymnast friend who just started climbing. he was so much stronger then i was, and his grip was like steel too. yet he kept on saying that he feels like he just can't hold that hold strong enough... i managed to demonstrate for him that he is capable of holding that hold if his feet are int the right spot and if his body is turned positioned the right way... he was quite surprized!

go surprize yourself
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's not so much strength that I'm after but endurance... Anyway, had lots of fun and always seem to do better than the last time. :bigsmile:

Btw. I watched a skinny little about 12 year old girl, probably on her first time there, easily climb halfway up a wall that I really had to struggle to get up! That was a sight! The only reason she got down at that point was probably because she didn't like the hight!
    I suppose the weight really does seem to be what matters in this! :laugh:
  • ZoltanPapp
    Options
    yes.
    and all climber girls having a lighter frame, will climb just as hard as most muscular guys... but not only their weight that helps them, but them knowing that they might have a lack of strenght, so they better find different ways than just pulling down hard... this is where it comes to open mindedness...