Do you really like exercise?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. So much so that I now compete.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    I love it. I really enjoy lifting now, I absolutely love spinning and the dance fusion class I go to and I love golf (you walk 18 holes in the Florida heat and tell me it's not exercise!).

Now, put me on a treadmill or elliptical and I'm ready to stab myself in the eye after about 20 minutes. Other things I don't like: boot camp class, swimming (I need my music), super crowded group fitness classes (I need my space) and running.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I hated exercise when I first started. Then I tried lifting and fell in love. I love it so much that I compete in powerlifting and bodybuilding. I still hate cardio.
  • missrobeena
    missrobeena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spin classes so much. During and after. Especially with an upbeat and happy instructor. I'm quickly coming to love running too. So much fun once I get past that mid-run slump.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Keep trying different things. There are hundreds of ways to get fitter/stronger/faster. Eventually, you'll find something you like. Keep at it, and good luck!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    no.....it's a necessary evil for me to look half decent, have the joints move easily, have energy etc....if i didn't have to do it, i wouldn't
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the love/hate relationship. I love it after about 15 to 20 minutes in, however that 15 to 20 min warm up sucks. Some days I have to drag myself nearly literally to go to the gym or hit my walk. Other days I feel fantastic and go a lot longer than I allot time for.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba and strength training. I really, really, want to like running, and learn to do it well, but ehhh not so much. I will keep trying though.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. So much so that I now compete.

@sarauk - And You help others here! Cheers! :drinker:
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. And I absolutely hated it at first.

It was a chore, and I really didn't like it. But then I found I loved karate, and then I found I loved lifting weights. And then I hated running, but then I got Zombies, Run! the app and ran and ran and found I loved running.

Now, I hurt myself pushing through the wrong kind of pain while running and I can't run of lift. But I can do most karate and adapted my bodyweight routine to continue to build strength. Now, I love pull ups and am finding I love straight leg raises (key word: finding in the present tense).

All in all, I love exercise. I look forward to going to the gym and progressing in my strength. I look forward to each new class of karate to see how much better and faster I can get at sparring. I look forward to when my knee heals and I can go from using the elliptical back to running outside (especially now that it's warm). I look forward to when I can squat again and get my squat butt back.

Activity is my therapy. Except it's cheap, I can do it almost anywhere (need me a squat rack) and it makes me look good naked.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I ****ing love it. I love lifting weights and I love doing my cardio (crossfit). With the weight lifting I love trying to make progress, one more rep or a few more kg added to the bar. I go to bed early excited to be up at 530 ready to hit the gym. I also love the results, I feel so much stronger and I look better too plus I can sprint and not fall over dead at the end. I am Zombie Apocalypse ready!

You sound like a male version of me! :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I would also add that in the beginning, the more I did it, the more enjoyable it became. Initially it was kind of a chore...part of that was me forcing myself to do some things that I didn't really enjoy because I thought you were supposed to do it (running)...but even then, I found that as the weeks and months went on, I found myself really looking forward to getting out of the office at lunch to go for a jog (now I ride because so much more enjoyable for me)...as time went on, it became less and less of a chore and more and more of something I look forward to.

These days I struggle with rest days because I so look forward to getting out there and riding or lifting or whatever...but rest is important too so I make myself take one day per week where at the most, I might go for a walk.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I honest.y hate exercise. I love to walk if I have somewhere to walk to not for the sake of walking. I love to swim, meaning putzing around in the water not doing laps. Does that make me lazy, I dont know. I wish I could find an exercise that didnt cause pain. Maybe when I get more weignt off it will be easier.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

I like the accomplishment and the results that come from exercise. Would I rather watch a movie or get a back rub than lift heavy things or run? Yes. Would I feel the sense of accomplishment or look at my improving physique in the mirror with the non exercise activities? No because movies and back rubs won't check those boxes (and I tried very hard for years to make them).
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, but now I love it!

Using my body to do awesome things is badass! I only wish now that I had started and stuck with exercise sooner
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love it when I am thin and see results. But I always like walking and riding my bike.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i'm pleased to say that i do. i finally found something that i not only do consistently, but i actually enjoy it. more than enjoy it....i love it. i look forward to my workouts every day. are there days where i'd rather eat crab rangoons and get stuck in a youtube vortex? sure...but they are few and far between.

take yesterday for example.
    i had hit all my muscle groups throughout the week as scheduled. i didnt have to go to the gym yesterday, but i wanted to. so i did.

glad i did too, because i got a great workout.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love exercise. It's my hobby and therapy and also has positive effects on my body. my favourite forms of exercise are walking, swimming, weight lifting and yoga. pretty obsessed with yoga right now. it's got to the point that I need to do some fairly regularly in order to keep my mind at peace.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like hiking. I like Arabic style dancing. I like cycling in good weather.... beyond that I view exercise as a necessary evil.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise. I am disabled, so it's difficult for me to do, but I still love it.