"liquid" calories

Options
hj1119
hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
A calorie is a calorie, right?

There's no difference between eating some broccoli and drinking a beer, vs eating a bowl of ice cream and drinking a water?

Replies

• chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Depends how much beer you drink. You'd have to eat like 20lbs of broccolli to equal 12 beers. Plus the beer has lots of protein and carbs unlike broc.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Depends how much beer you drink. You'd have to eat like 20lbs of broccolli to equal 12 beers. Plus the beer has lots of protein and carbs unlike broc.

Have you ever looked at the nutritional profile of broccoli?
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm specifically curious about today. 2200 goal. 200 exercise. Spent most of the day on the road / in meetings / in an exam room. Have a total f about 800-900 "solid food" calories and 1100 in beer and skim milk (in lattes)..
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Really? You were in meetings, driving, and taking tests and drinking beer all day? :noway: LOL. I don't think it makes a difference.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm specifically curious about today. 2200 goal. 200 exercise. Spent most of the day on the road / in meetings / in an exam room. Have a total f about 800-900 "solid food" calories and 1100 in beer and skim milk (in lattes)..

For relatively healthy individuals, a calorie is a calorie. Overall nutritional profiles vary greatly though and micros/macros matter.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie. However, I usually retain water for a few days after drinking alcohol/beer. It's not a real gain, but it can be frustrating.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's not going to matter for just one day.