Hi there :-) Just a bit about me

Options
I'm just trying to figure out how to lose this weight the right way. I've always been overweight, as long as I can remember, but nothing had ever worked. About 6 years ago, I lost 80 pounds. I was in a very controlling and abusive relationship where I lost it with a lot of extreme exercise, very few calories and more than a little bit of purging. When I finally got out of that situation, I put every pound back on, plus a few. I quit smoking last September (almost to the year mark) and put on another 20. To add to things, I pinched a nerve in my back a couple of months ago and am just not getting to the point where I can do mild exercises, trying to focus on strengthening my core and back (docs orders). I'm doing good so far, but I keep catching myself slipping back into bad mindsets from 6 years ago, so it's a constant struggle because somewhere inside me, I still connect those horrible horrible habits with results, even though I know they are unhealthy and dangerous. I've lost a good little chunk the first 2 weeks....I know realistically, most of that is water weight loss and have absolutely no expectations or desires to try and keep up that rate of weight loss. See, thinking healthy this time.

Anyway, just thought I would say hi. I'm Michele by the way, and tell a bit about myself. :-)
Feel free to message about just about anything....I'm a chatterbug..lol

Replies

• amelia651
    amelia651 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! I know hard the struggle can be, I have dealt with most of the same problems you have. If you ever want to chat it looks like we have about the same goal if I'm not mistaken (100lbs... is my second goal) Congratulations on taking the step to do this healthily for YOU, Feel free to add me anytime
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this!
    Good luck to you.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Prepare to be motivated!!!!
  • chelleanne71
    chelleanne71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll take all the motivation you want to dish out. I hate to exercise....really really hate it, but doing it cause I know I need to.
  • wilbskinny
    Options
    Good for you for getting out of an abusive relationship...now to focus on YOU! I hope this app helps to keep both of us motivated...good luck!