60 y/o shorter woman tryimg to lose last 10 lbs

Options
Hi
I am a 5 ft 3 in 60 year old woman. I need to lose 10 lbs to meet my goal The problem is I seem to lose and regain the same 2 lbs every week. I am on 1200 calories/day. I recently switched to MFP from WW because I felt that the free fruit and veggies were upping my total calories too much. I also have a thyroid issue for which I take medication. My question is - do you guys eat your exercise calories? I usually earn in the neighborhood of 200/day. I know when I did WW I couldn't use my exercise or weekly points and expect to lose. It was a joke :(
I had all these extra points and couldn't use them no matter what they said at the meetings. Anyway - what are everyone's suggestions to get the scale moving down in a consistent manner. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RacheyBetty
    RacheyBetty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you :) 2lb fluctuations here and there are quite normal but it is really frustrating when the last few pounds won't come off. It really depends on how long you've been trying to lose the last 10lbs - if it's been a while I think your best bet would be to up your exercise to 300-400 earned and eat half of them back. I personally don't eat all of mine back and try to burn 400-500 a day. Also depends on what you're eating - vegetables are good as the calories are low and nutrients high, and they are more filling because they contain more water, so don't cut down on them too much. Make sure you weigh everything you eat; even down to bread/wraps etc. Pay attention to the pie chart of carbs to fat to protein in the MFP reports - see if something is off and try to keep your daily intake to the balance they suggest. I only weigh myself once a week at the same time (Monday morning) so I don't notice as many fluctuations, but some people prefer to weigh more frequently if it helps to stay on track. Good luck :)
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging everything accurately and consistently? This is often one of the main reasons why we don't lose.

If you haven't done so, give this a read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You must be my long-lost twin lol, because I am 61 and 5' 3 1/2" and working on getting back down to 112 from 121! I have been dieting since July 5 and I can tell that I am losing weight very well. I have not updated my ticker because I am not going to weigh myself untill August. I don't exercise. Therefore, I never allow myself any extra calories. I count every calorie and adhere to my diet rigidly. I don't know how much you weigh but, if you are already at a very slender weight, you will lose weight, albeit slowly, on 1200 calories per day-- probably less than one pound per week, and the weight fluctuations you are seeing are most likely attributable to water weight.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's important to know how long you've been flirting with those 2#'s.
    Also, how did you arrive at a goal of 1200 cal/day?