Trying to get started on this site

Options
bda98
bda98 Posts: 2 Member
This might be the wrong place for this but I wasn't sure where the right place was.

Hi, I've been on this site forever and use it on and off. It was easier before because I didn't cook a lot, but that is changing. I'm actually trying to cook for most of my meals, including lunch to take to work.

My problem is, and maybe I just haven't figured out the right way of doing it, but I want to use my foods in the recipe builder. Is this possible?

What I really want to create is something like a "My Ingredients" tab so when I add a recipe I can pull foods off of my personal ingredients instead of having to search for the one I've got every time. If I could just scan bar codes straight into the my ingredients tab that would be awesome.

I've been playing with my phone app, trying to figure out how to scan stuff into my foods but I can't figure that out, or know if it's possible. And even if I could, I can't figure out how to add things from there to my recipes.

I want this because if I go to the store and buy the same brand every time it would be a lot easier to just pull ingredients from my list than have the recipe builder search and pull up the wrong brand every time.

Not sure why but this really annoys me and I wanted to check and see if I just haven't figured it out yet or what.

Just hoping some nice folks on here could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help in advance, or let me know where this should actually be please.

Replies

• bda98
    bda98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump for anybody to answer?