All I want for Christmas...

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
...is my TWO FRONT TEETH! He he he he...

ANYWAYS...I know its early. But last year I was too busy getting a hysterectomy and stroking out to really enjoy Christmas. So I'm jumping on the Merry Wagon, listening to Christmas carols and being all Ho Ho Ho Happy! Ha ha!

But what do you want for Christmas that is FITNESS related? Workout Dvd? Yoga Mat? Weights? HRM? Gym Membership? I was just wondering what was on your list...

And now, how do we make sure our significant others or family see our desires...Er...I mean Santa...Hmmm...Because as far as I knew, MFP would not be the place to find that jolly round man, unless he is going for a new look this year...

Replies

• digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    As a present to myself for quitting my second job I think I will join a cross-fit gym in the new year. I can only workout in group classes, it's the only way I stay motivated.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I don't really get presents for Christmas anymore. I told my friend I wish I still did because on my list would be new gym sneakers, a bicycle, a new heart rate monitor, and gym clothes. Someone can just get me like a $500 gift card to a sports store and I'd be ecstatic. :drinker:
  • TaraMaria
    I don't really get presens for Christmas anymore. I told my friend I wish I still did because on my list would be new gym sneakers, a bicycle, a new heart rate monitor, and gym clothes. Someone can just get me like a $500 gift card to a sports store and I'd be ecstatic. :drinker:

I feel the SAME way. Usually I never ask for Cmas presents for my family. This year I told my folks do NOT get me anything. You do enough for me already. As soon as I did this I instantaneously thought of 100 things fitness related that I wanted! Ah well! That's what my piggy bank is for! :o) LOL! Or a wealthy stranger who wants to just give me a 500 dollar gift card to a sports store!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    I'd actually like an HRM and as far as getting those we love to know what we would like?
    just drop EVERY HINT possible at EVERY possible chance:bigsmile:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    I don't really get presens for Christmas anymore.

Same here...BUT my mom is actually going to give me money for some new clothes! I'm excited since she usually doesn't give the adults any gifts. My daughter wants to get me a pair of "special" sweats for me, and I'm not sure what my hubby will get me; we have a 50.00 limit on each other.
  • toots99
    I don't really get presens for Christmas anymore.

Same here...BUT my mom is actually going to give me money for some new clothes! I'm excited since she usually doesn't give the adults any gifts. My daughter wants to get me a pair of "special" sweats for me, and I'm not sure what my hubby will get me; we have a 50.00 limit on each other.

I usually get a $50 Visa gift card from my Dad. Usually I'd pay bills with it :laugh: but this year I think I'm going to do something fun with it.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    HRM, Workout clothes, New Shoes..
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Bought a Wii Fit and an iPOD. Does that count? Wrapped the iPOD up for the tree, but already hooked up the Wii. Gonna try it, too, just waiting for my daughter and wife to get off of it.
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    My tummy tuck is my gift to me this year...I would love to have a treadmill, but since I will be out of work for 8 weeks cant spend the money on it right now...maybe I can get it with our tax return next year.
  • I want an HRM, new workout clothes, and a Wii!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Have you noticed the workout clothes at the department stores are very limited. I asked for Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown as a secret Santa gift at the office. I want more workout clothes as well. I'm not going to get a new HRM yet. I'm fine with that. I think I want to get Turbo Fire this month, but I may not wait till Christmas!!!
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    I'd like some pink hand weights that my two sons won't steal... 'cause if they're pink, they won't touch them. =)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    FYI, the best pants in the world are from Kohls TeckGear. I LOVE them. I got 5 pairs last year when they went on $13 sale around this time of year. The sports bras and shirts look great too, but I have not been in need of any new. They're SO comfortable and keep me both warm and cool (I work out in different weather). They're probably not very good if you are short though, they seem to have long legs, which I love, since I do!
  • toots99
    FYI, the best pants in the world are from Kohls TeckGear. I LOVE them. I got 5 pairs last year when they went on $13 sale around this time of year. The sports bras and shirts look great too, but I have not been in need of any new. They're SO comfortable and keep me both warm and cool (I work out in different weather). They're probably not very good if you are short though, they seem to have long legs, which I love, since I do!

Good to know, since I'm very picky about my gym pants! I like 'em straight legged, tight (well, form fitting, I guess, not necessarily tight :laugh: ) and I don't want them to shrink up and make me look like I'm wearing floods!
  • TaraMaria
    Have you noticed the workout clothes at the department stores are very limited. I asked for Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown as a secret Santa gift at the office. I want more workout clothes as well. I'm not going to get a new HRM yet. I'm fine with that. I think I want to get Turbo Fire this month, but I may not wait till Christmas!!!

I have noticed!! I've literally gone to FOUR stores this past weekend looking for clothes. Ending at Kohls. I don't know if my Kohls was just picked through or what but there was not ONE thing in my size (unless it was NIKE and then it was 45 dollars for a pair of biker shorts...I don't have that kind of money) I told my sister's that I wanted like "Yoga workout pants" for Cmas and now I'm wondering where in the world they would even get them! I'm thinking I need to try a sports store next...That seems like a novel idea!
  • toots99

I have noticed!! I've literally gone to FOUR stores this past weekend looking for clothes. Ending at Kohls. I don't know if my Kohls was just picked through or what but there was not ONE thing in my size (unless it was NIKE and then it was 45 dollars for a pair of biker shorts...I don't have that kind of money) I told my sister's that I wanted like "Yoga workout pants" for Cmas and now I'm wondering where in the world they would even get them! I'm thinking I need to try a sports store next...That seems like a novel idea!

Yep, those are they type I like too, yoga pants. I went to Macy's and was disappointed with the selection. I got a few pairs of yoga pants from Lady Footlocker a few years ago and LOVED them. They lasted until now, and they were pretty inexpensive.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Try going to Old Navy for Work out Clothes. They don't last quite as long, but you can buy more pairs for your money
  • askng for an athleta.com gift card- pricier work out clothes but I'm a huge fan of their bathing suit line and the pants I've gotten don't shrink and are very flattering. And I'm going this week to try on Vibram Five Fingers at REI to see if I like them- if I do I will add REI Gift card to my list as well.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    id like some tracksuit bottoms and stuff to go out running in..got the shoes and the tshirts and the water bottle but no trousers..

oh and id like to set a date for my wedding so that i have a clear goal date - right now im kinda half-trying to drop the baggage but i think if i had a clear goal date (like when i could have my first dress fitting or the actual day) then i know i will be more motivated :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member

Good to know, since I'm very picky about my gym pants! I like 'em straight legged, tight (well, form fitting, I guess, not necessarily tight :laugh: ) and I don't want them to shrink up and make me look like I'm wearing floods!

I love their stuff too. The shorts and pants make my butt look really good and I don't have a nice butt at all.
This discussion has been closed.