"Processed Food Blues"

Options
So the last few days I have been feeling pretty crummy, and I have been told that it is due to my body getting rid of all the crap from the processed foods that I am now living without. My question is, how long did it take you to get over that feeling? A few days, a week, a few weeks?

Replies

• jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Less than a week.. and then I felt amazing!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Seems psychosomatic, imo.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    So the last few days I have been feeling pretty crummy, and I have been told that it is due to my body getting rid of all the crap from the processed foods that I am now living without. My question is, how long did it take you to get over that feeling? A few days, a week, a few weeks?

That sounds highly unlikely.

You might feel crummy if you suddenly went to a very low carb diet or if you are overly restricting your calories though.
  • greenrose4388
    Options
    I didn't get rid of carbs, just cut out the vast majority of the simple carbs and eating more complex carbs instead, and I have cut out all the extra sugar I possibly can, and only getting whatever sugar I am eating from fruits, veggies, etc.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Meh. I usually eat processed food, but I've done without and I never noticed any difference. What does make a difference is my carbs-- even if it's just 20-30 grams difference.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I didn't get rid of carbs, just cut out the vast majority of the simple carbs and eating more complex carbs instead, and I have cut out all the extra sugar I possibly can, and only getting whatever sugar I am eating from fruits, veggies, etc.

If carbs happened to be a larger percentage of your previous diet, and it's a large enough decrease, yes, feeling crummy can be attributed to that.

When I first cut carbs, it took me a couple of weeks, but I cut them severely (<25g/day).

It'll get better :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel junky if I (accidentally) go lower carb for a few days.

Not sure about this processed food thing. I actually eat a lot of non processed food, and sometimes go days like that without anything from the 'outside' coming into my diet...but I've never felt junky over it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Seems psychosomatic, imo.

^Agreed