my name is shelly and I love cupcakes

I love them and they love me. Lol. I'm new here. Well kind of, I signed up a while ago to be able to log my food intake and really just tonight discovered the message boards. I'm a 34 year old teacher who has always battled the bulge. I've tried probably every fad diet known to man and then some. Don't even get me started on that cayenne pepper lemonade fiasco. And that's just it they were fads that don't work, or at least long term.

I live in the south, I grew up here. I also grew up with heavy fatty comfort foods every where. There was no escaping, and duh these foods were delicious. Just one thing wrong, the dryer kept shrinking my clothes. Well a few years ago I finally realized I needed to get a hold on things and learn to eat healthier. I was able to loose about 60 lbs and keep it off for a while. However, due to my love of comfort foods and my need for comfort in the past year I had gained right at 25 of those pounds back. I hated it and myself for allowing this to happen. Thankfully about a month ago I got it together and have lost 11 pounds so far.

My thing is I am very active. I go to the gym and work out, I play sports, I'm on a dragon boat team but no matter how much weight I loose I still "look" the same, if that makes sense. I hear people talk about macros and how abs aren't made in the gym they are made in the kitchen. Well I'd like to know how, because I think I'm missing a few ingredients. I know I've got muscle under these layers, I think it's just really shy. So now that I'm back at it again I thought maybe I should ask about this tidbit.

Thanks yall and I look forward to meeting you!

Shelly :)

Replies

• LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Shelly, I understand your struggle with comfort food and weight. It is always a dangerous proposition for me to travel South. Always have to ramp the diet up after those trips. Anyways, happy to support. All the best, Jay
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm new here too and working to change my eating habits as well.
    Never liked cupcakes, though.

Welcome and good luck!
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Cookies for me. Welcome Shelly!
    iIQQM.gif
  • shellbert612
    shellbert612 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks guys!!
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    My name is Kim and I love cupcakes too!!! Lol. Although, I'm not too sure they love me because they do these awful things to my waist line! :(

We have the same food struggle and I am working hard to battle it. It is much harder said than done. However, you inspire me because I am hardly exercising nowadays (thanks to my three young children and no energy at the beginning or end of each day). I am still breastfeeding my youngest (7 months old).

I decided to start Insanity. Now, all I have to do is find the time and energy to do it! I need to get rid of my excuses and I'm sure the weight fill follow. Let's keep each other motivated! :)
  • kasterrett
    kasterrett Posts: 53 Member
    They DON'T love you!
    I giggled at your title, and it's all fun and good but trust me when I say...they have no feelings for you whatsoever. They don't care about you. DOWN WITH CUPCAKES! ;)
  • dexteropolis
    dexteropolis Posts: 17 Member
    Good luck! I love ice cream specifically Phish Food by Ben & Jerrys. I am just starting out on my journey. Feel free to add me I need all the motivation/inspiration/accountability I can get!!
  • Manders0808
    Manders0808 Posts: 10 Member
    My name is Amanda and I am a huge cupcake fan! I am also 34, a teacher, and I live in the south. Crazy huh?? I've just started up on this journey again (had success a few years ago, gained it back, trying again now). Wishing us both success!!
  • shellbert612
    The struggle is real! I stopped working out at all for about 3 months. I gained weight and tired all the time. Just couldn't shake it. Ended up getting some blood work done an my b12 was crazy low. I am great at making excuses. I downloaded p 90 x onto my kindle so I could do it on my lunch break. Lol I di it 3 times. It is a great workout though! I instead I started driving to the gym. You would think as grown woman I could hold myself accountable for doing a 30 minute workout video. Right?
  • shellbert612
    Haha!!! Your post made me laugh. I feel like we should be holding flaming torches and spears and marching up cupcake hill! They must die!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Welcome, Shelly! I'm Angie and I too love cupcakes (and cookies, and brownies, and petite fours, and froyo and my how the list goes on!) I am a dessert person. I work in a bakery! Lol anyone can feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends and great, inspiring people. I'm almost at the weight I would like to be at, and I almost always am able to work AT LEAST one sweet treat into my daily intake. If anyone ever needs advice or motivation, I'm here!
  • shellbert612
    Oh that is funny! I hate that I gained back. This time is a winner! We got this!!
  • shellbert612
    I am a Huge sweets and desserts person!! Being almost at your goal is awesome, congrats!! That's encouraging! Now, about this bakery you work in.... :)