tiffin boxes help me control portions of snacky food

Options
A tiffin box is basically a stackable lunch box. Mine has 3 tiers, but they make them in 2, 3, 4 and possibly 5 tiers.

<http://www.thisnext.com/item/B9CA6207/2FFBFE4E/Pearl-River-Tiffin-Boxes&gt;

There's a picture of one.

I'm not selling these. I had actually looked for mine for years (ever since I saw the movie Tortilla Soup) before I finally found one. I didn't know what they were called, so that made them impossible to find online.

Anyway, mine has helped me immensely. I am a snacker. I crave salty, crunchy things. Obviously, most of these things are bad for me. I switched to crackers and pretzels and things instead of potato chips, but the tiffin box has helped me stick to eating just one portion. I count out my snacks into each compartment (for example: rice crackers in one, pretzels in another, veggie straws in the third) and then I put the boxes/packages back in the cupboard. And they stay there until the next day. This way, I don't have to count as I'm eating, I don't lose count, and I can't have more than my one portion without being very conscious that I am doing so.

Just wanted to share that in case anyone else might find them useful. :)

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with ziploc baggies and small tupperwares, portion out the whole bag of pretzels or crackers as soon as I bring it home. Those are cute but I probably wouldn't use it for snacks, maybe a hot lunch if I was going out for the day or something....