HRM

meagan1823
meagan1823 Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
hey
I keep seeing post about HRMs
What exactly are these? What does it stand for?
Do y'all recommend investing in one f these?
If so, what kind is good but not extremely outrageous in price?

Also, does the MFP exercise choices pretty accurately track calories or ate HRMs much more accurate?

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    i absolutely LOVE my HRM (heart rate monitor). Once I finally got one, I found that I was actually burning more calories than MFP was giving me credit for. My battery died on my transmitted and it took me a month to replace it and I could see my interest and enthusiasm waning. If I leave to go to the gym and forget my transmitter belt, I will turn back around, it's that important and motivating. You can look on ebay or amazon and find them. Mine cost about $120 two years ago. Polar F7. To me, worth every penny...and then some. And they make GREAT GIFTS.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    When my battery died I didn't want to wait to send it out for service (the Polar F4 can't be changed yourself), so I overnight shipped a Polar FT7 from Amazon instead. That's how much I didn't want to go weeks without it. The FT7 you can change yourself and it's cooler all around so I'm glad I did.:love:
    It was 100 bucks through Amazon and that's the best prices you're gonna find most likely.
    The F4 are about 70-80 but like I said they aren't as cool and you can't change the battery without sending it back to the factory...:grumble:

And since I got it, I realized the numbers MFP gave me were too HIGH and if I had eaten my exercise calories I would have been eating too much and sabotaging myself! (the opposite of lulabelle, previous poster) So you never know which direction you are off in until you see for yourself.
    I won't work out without it, and it really motivates you to keep going.
  • eBay has them cheaper. eBay always outdoes Amazon. At least for nearly everything I've come across so far.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Keep in mind that Polar does not consider Ebay a licensed seller, so there will be no warrantee because there is no receipt. The one I got from Amazon comes with all the paperwork needed.
  • Thanks for the information
    I appreciate all comments ad suggestions
This discussion has been closed.