Two fancy dresses, -40 pounds!

Options
snowfooper
snowfooper Posts: 14 Member
Sorry this is so long!!

6qp7u8u.png

V9INW5G.png

From when I was 18 years old, prom with my then boyfriend, at about my highest weight. Everyone said it was supposed to be the happiest time of my life, but high school was okay at best and I felt absolutely miserable about myself, my looks, my weight.

After being overweight as a child, I went through unhealthy means to lose weight in middle school and the beginning of high school - starving myself during the days, binging at night, throwing up and overexercising to "compensate." During high school, I recovered from that but also packed on a lot of weight. I was slightly more confident in myself but still felt desperately insecure and unhappy.

A year and a half ago, my friend told me about this website and it has helped me so immensely. I really started being honest with myself about the food I was eating and the exercise I was doing. And it's been hard, but I'm now 40 pounds down from my highest weight! About 30 pounds down from where I was in March 2013.

wz2q5v8.png

KVO9jEo.png

Now, at 22, at an event with my now boyfriend, at my lowest weight since that unhealthy period in high school! It feels so amazing to be able to get to this weight in a health way (relatively - I still eat wayyy too many sweets and processed snacks!). I love that I am able to eat normal meals and proper proportions with so much less stress and unhappiness that I felt back then. I love that exercise is something that is not a necessity nor a punishment.

I can't say I'm 100% happy with my body and my looks, but I know I am making a good change - a healthy change - and it feels great doing it. I'm over halfway to my goal weight (29/47!!) and so excited to continue getting there!

Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, it might take a bit longer to get to your target but at least you are learning and taking note of what you are eating.

Well done :flowerforyou:
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You look great, and that's a beautiful dress. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!