Why am I binging on low sugar carbs?

Options
I ate two packs of Amy's kitchen brown rice gluten free mac & cheese (only had 8 ingredients)
4 slices of rye bread with butter & cheese

It is 10am I had scrambled eggs in coconut
Milk, veg and just before this had a small snack
Of a yeo valley full fat small yoghurt.

I can't see what caused this kind of a binge? I'm genuinely hungry and normally I only eat 3 meals and am full.
I recently quit sugar so everything I've eaten is 'low sugar' is it a craving for fatty food?

Replies

• LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but if it's packaged, it's probably quite tasty. Especially if it has extra salt. Maybe that's why?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I find carbs addictive, the more I have the more I want. When I started this I cut them out completely (not all carbs in veg just the main ones like rice, pasta and bread), now I occasionally have a slice of toast when I really fancy but still try to avoid those main carbs in general..because I personally find them my Achilles heel..I don't crave them if I haven't had them for a while and I find it really easy to stick to my calories when I'm not craving
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what are your stats and calorie goal?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    I find that if I have more than 40-50 g of carbs at a single sitting it makes my blood glucose yoyo. First the blood glucose spikes, causing an insulin spike which leaves my blood glucose a little low a few hours later. The low blood glucose then makes me feel ravenous and induces renewed carb cravings.

For this reason I limit carbs to about 50g per sitting during the day. In the evening I can eat higher carb without it bothering me, because it is the blood sugar dip a few hours later that makes it hard to manage my appetite.