Granola

Options
Hanlonx
Hanlonx Posts: 53 Member
Hi Guys!

Anyone have any recommendations for a granola that isn't packed full of sugar? (UK please)

Replies

• whalebeast
    whalebeast Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ooh tasty, I am also interested in suggestions!
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Anyone have any recommendations for a granola that isn't packed full of sugar? (UK please)

The Quaker Oats 30% less fat one is decent, although not sure of Sugar content. I have it with 0% fat Greek style yoghurt and occasionally a bit of honey. Top snack.
  • Hanlonx
    Options
    Hi Guys!

The Quaker Oats 30% less fat one is decent, although not sure of Sugar content. I have it with 0% fat Greek style yoghurt and occasionally a bit of honey. Top snack.

I'll try that one thanks! Currently using one from Special K (Horrible lol :sick: )
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Make your own! Type "granola" into the Search box here and you'll get a whole bunch of homemade recipes.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I suggest making your own to control what goes in it.

GRANOLA

I have a great recipe for granola. It is so yummy!!

3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
    3-4 cups of your favorite nuts or shredded coconut. My favorite is to add pecans, walnuts and almonds.
    2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    6 TBSP unsalted butter
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 C honey

Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In saucepan add butter, honey and vanilla and mix until butter is melted.
    Add mixture to dry ingredients and blend well. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Cook in oven for 75 minutes on 250 degrees. Yummy!

You could also add peanut butter or chocolate for a different variety. Enjoy!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Here's the nutritional info on the Quaker oats

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=259004075
  • Hanlonx
    Options
    Here's the nutritional info on the Quaker oats

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=259004075

Dam! I don't have it every day just the occasisonal breakfast treat! Looks like I'll be making my own or going without lol.
  • Hanlonx
    Options
    I suggest making your own to control what goes in it.

GRANOLA

I have a great recipe for granola. It is so yummy!!

3 1/2 cups of rolled oats
    3-4 cups of your favorite nuts or shredded coconut. My favorite is to add pecans, walnuts and almonds.
    2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    6 TBSP unsalted butter
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 C honey

Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In saucepan add butter, honey and vanilla and mix until butter is melted.
    Add mixture to dry ingredients and blend well. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
    Cook in oven for 75 minutes on 250 degrees. Yummy!

You could also add peanut butter or chocolate for a different variety. Enjoy!

That's great thanks! Few questions.. How long does this mixture last for, how do you store it and how many servings would you say you get from it?
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you could half the recipe. It should last at least a week in an airtight container. Number of servings and nutritional information can vary depending on the size of your serving and the flavor combinations you decide to use. I would just use the recipe builder on MFP to determine this based on how you decide to make yours.