Belly Fat - low carbs diet

Options
2»

Replies

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat loss. It seems from the previous post that you are already slim. Maybe time to see a doctor.

I love eating low carb. It works for me but I am noticing that as I get closer to my goal, it's harder to maintain.

Good luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity. I see you are a 25 year old male. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm 5'8" and 62kgs.
    Yea, pretty much as I suspected.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure losing weight is the solution to your problems. You are already hovering underweight. If you've got some sort of body image issues then it might be best to go speak to someone.

Ok, so, the belly is normal? Or that I could be thinking it is bigger than normal when really it is fine?

I can understand that, will definitely perhaps go speak to my doctor to see what they think and can advise, but I do know that it has gotten a bit bigger (and this is reflected in shirts being a bit tighter around that area etc). That said, yeah my BMI is about 21 which I believe is totally normal for my size.

Thanks for your advice so far.

I suggest you start strength training and eat close to your maintenance calories. At this point improving body composition will help significantly. Increasing lean mass and core strength will improve how your stomach looks.

ETA: I don't do low carb. Making sure to get enough protein and lifting did my stomach wonders.