SAHM 11-22-10 to 11-28-10

Options
Welcome! We are a great group of SAHM's that support each through life processes! We welcome all newcomers!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I ididn't get to read everyone's posts still, but I hope that you had a great weekend!

How are all of you going be good on Thanksgiving? I am pondering this one!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi. just tagging for later.

re: t-giving. i plan to have lots of vegetable dishes and fill on those (and green bean cass does NOT count as vege dish!). so there will be salad w/veges, steamed zucc/carrot w/sprinkle of parmesan, and squash.
    i don't care for mashed potatoes so those i can skip. and i prefer white meat.
    i may make whole wheat bread in the bread machine--so that will be a treat for me.

and dessert---I will have one slice--Mississippi Mud Pie

and get in a walk or some workout on THUR to help offset the food.

ok, time for brkfst. later!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all. Had the big Thanksgiving meal at church last night. I didn't do great, but I didn't over do it. I enjoyed it tho. Now I will be good till Thursday. Im making meatballs instead of Turkey to go to my grandpas house. He and my dad asked for grandmas meatballs this year, so how can I say no. Then out to eat with my mom on Friday, but I can choose wisely in that meal, so Ishould be ok this week.

We are having an awesome Monday at our house and it makes it so much easier for me, I don't want to rip my head off and go get pop. lol. Everyone is in good moods and doing school work and just having a great day :love: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Good idea Stacey! I will definitely make sure I eat my salad first, hopefully I will fill up on that so I don't go too overboard. The fam and I are doing our 2nd annual Turkey Lurkey 5k, so that will burn some calories!

Aneajo- STAY AWAY FROM THE STORE!!! DON"T GET THE POP!!!:laugh: :tongue:
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Hi all. Here to mark this for later. We had our big meal yesterday. Wasn't awful but still ate too much. Leftovers are gone now so back on the plan tomorrow.

I rode my bike today! Yes--that felt good to do.

aneajo--I crave pop(soda to me) when the kids are making me crazy. I HATE that the gas station in less than quarter mile away! You can do it. I haven't had one since Friday!

Have a good week all!

Kim
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nicole~To be honest I didn't think about Thanksgiving eating until you asked what our game plan is. Of course to be honest I wasn't too worried about the Thanksgiving eating because I planned on doing a cleanse starting on Friday (I have been having troubles with digestion).

Stacey~Very good idea for the eating the veggies first. That gives me the idea that I should take two kinds of salad to my mom's for dinner.

Aneajo~Glad that you are having a good day and staying away from the soda.

Kim~YAY for riding your bike and also for the no more leftovers that will tempt you.

So as I was telling Nicole I was planning on doing a "master cleanse" starting on Friday due to digestion problems. I am a little nervous never done a cleanse. I have either been pregnant or nursing for the pretty much the last 10 years. Since I am neither I figured what the heck we will try it out and see if it will help my body to process the food better. I hear that after you do it that you are more prone to eat better because you don't want to put crap in your body because of how it makes you feel. Well I got to go I have some papers that I need to copy from the Dave Ramsey classes. Check in tomorrow.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Kim- Yay! I am glad you got to ride you bike!

KatieM- are you doing THE master cleanse? My friend did that in the spring, she had some pretty amazing results. I would like to do it, but I haven't mentally prepared myself for that yet....
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi girls,
    I am a sahm :bigsmile: and love it!!
    What is this group about? I would love to know more
    Thanks!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi girls! welcome nowic! we're pretty casual here--no regular challenges but lots of support and encouragement. drop in anytime. :)

kim--yay on the bike ride!
    nicole, smart planning on doing the run that day. good luck!

for the vege ideas--first of all, thanks for saying it was a good idea. it's so nice to be appreciated.
    katiem--i saw a salad on bhg.com that may be good for your second salad. it's a winter chopped salad--so you cut up everything at home, put each vege in its own ziploc, then at your mom's lay out the veges in columns on a platter. makes for a very pretty presentation.

sooo i don't think i'm doing the zucc dish cuz requires more shopping and prep.
    so here's how i see it---
    #1 salad with tomatoes and mushrooms and carrots
    #2 acorn squash (cooked in microwave w/o butter, brown sugar etc)
    #3 roasted sweet potatoes (NOT yams)--will peel, cube,place on cookie sheet in single layer, then lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle salt pepper garlic powder? etc and bake at 350 till looks done/is soft.
    #4 bowl of natural applesauce on the table too (could sprinkle dried cranberries or raisins in it to up the fruit content)

bhg.com had lots of yummy ideas in their Tgiving recipes section.
    so....that's all for me for now. have a great day ladies! aneajo--don't go near the store!! No soda for you!! said like the soup guy from seinfeld

:flowerforyou:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm so happy! I lost weight 2 weeks in a row!! I also ran the furthest I've ever run this past Friday. I think I'm at a little over half a mile now! The phone GPS isn't completely reliable when running and making turns. It likes straight stretches.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I'm doing to eat healthy on Thanksgiving this week. We're going to my mil's house for dinner. We're providing the free-range, Farmers Market turkey, but she's taking care of everything else. (Actually, she's even cooking the turkey, so I think I got off pretty lucky in the planning part. :wink: ) I don't know what all she's planning on fixing. Even though she knows I'm trying to lose weight, she's not one to usually fix squash, zucchini or some of the healthy veggies I like. She fixes the green beans, corn and such.
  • aneajo
    Options
    I can't just run out for the pop when Im stressed (thank goodness), we live in the middle of nowhere and I usually talk myself out of it when I think of the drive. :)

Congrats on the bike ride and the run and the weight loss. You all are doing awesome.
    I gained a bit, but on my way back down. Have lost a lb in the last week, but not down to what is on here, so I didnt record it. I have lost inches tho, so Im very happy. I can tell a difference in my clothes and thats the big thing to me.

Welcome to the new ladies. Jump right in.
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome:flowerforyou:
    As far as Thanksgiving goes. I am making this cranberry, rasberry thing that I can make pretty healthy. Other than that I will prob. Just eat but not stuff myself, then get right back to work tomorrow :smile:
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Okay girls. Asking for accountability. I am headed to town. I WANT to stop & get a pepsi but I am not. I am armed w/ my water bottle & a protein bar. Habits are HARD to break. I have snuck back up in lbs and I am not going higher.

Will report in later.

Kim
  • aneajo
    Options
    Hope you did better than I did Kim. Was a walmart and got reses pb cups and a dr pepper. :grumble: :frown: :sad:
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Oh Aneajo--feel your pain girl. If there something that is an equal temptation that would be reeces cups. Well tomorrow is a new day right?

I did the grocery shopping w/o a soda. Sigh--I keep wanting one though.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Kim
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nicole~if you are talking about the lemon juice, cayenne pepper, 100% maple syrup and H2O mixed then yes that is the one I am doing. It tells you to just drink that and H2O while doing the cleanse but I am not sure that I am ready for that so I am going to do just veggies and fruit while drinking the "lemonade". I have been trying to talk myself into this for several years it is just time to do it now. My body feels gross!

Welcome Nowic!

Kim and Aneajo~Don't be too down on your self. As long as you are still heading in the right direction you are doing good even if you slip up sometimes. It's a lifestyle change not a diet. When you restrict your self too much you are more likely to binge on food later.

Well today it was suppose to be a huge snow storm. So far it has not lived up to what the weather man has said it is suppose to be like. The hubby was hoping for a foot or more of snow with this storm. So far it is approx 4-6 inches. Well better get going the kids are going crazy over ice cream right now and also off to have a movie night. Hope you are all having a good week.
  • donella73
    Options
    HI - can I join in here?

I'm a SAHM to 2 boys (ages 5 and 2 1/2) and live in Australia. Have just started on MFP on the weekend and think it's such an amazing support network.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Welcome Donella and Nowic! This is a great group of ladies!

I will be thinking about you Katie on your cleanse. Let me know how it goes!

Kim and anjeo- Stay away from the soda! It is empty calories! IF I am going to use my cals, I want it to be something with substance!:tongue:

I am gearing up for Turkey day! I have a really bust day of cooking ahead of me!
  • christan04
    Options
    Hi all!!

I'm a SAHM of a 9 month little boy. He keeps me busy (so you would think I wouldn't have extra fluff). I am TERRIFIED about tomrorow!!! AHHH!!!! I've done so well this week (first week back on the wagon) and have last 4lbs since Saturday. Can I just sleep thru Thanksgiving?? Please?
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Good morning all!

It is wet, cold and just plain gross here. Which is why I am going out to the renew our Suburban's license today(crazy I know). Maybe i will shiver off some calories. We have no snow(yeah!) but it has been raining & will do that all day.

Welcome Donella & Christan! This is a very encouraging group--chime right in!

Katie & Nicole--thanks for the wise words on the soda. I have a goal of just having one a week. Kinda like a dessert since it is empty calories. I know I am addicted & I know it is HORRIBLE for me but I also know if I just go cold turkey it won't work. Or it hasn't yet. So I am going to choose my day as today. We are traveling on Fri-Sunday so i won't have any temptation if I know that I've already had it for the week. I also have the calories to spare today.

Going to try & ride again today. My hip has been acting up again so we will see. Almost time for another cortizone shot--so happy about that--NOT!

Kim