Snacks at night

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Looking for snacks to have at night. I'm really dedicated during the day but night is so difficult and having fruit, yogurt, but looking for ideas. Thanks in advance..

Replies

• joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate and I have found that Hunt's Snack Pack Chocolate Fat-Free Pudding is yummy! It's about 90 calories for one of the little cups. I tried the sugar-free version and I didn't like it. The consistency was different. The FF version is nice and smooth. I love it! Good luck!:smile:
  • Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, fruits like cherries and bananas (I drizzle honey on top and sprinkle some cinnamon yum!!), Special K bars and their cracker chips are good and lo cal. These are things I try to keep on hand when I have a snack attack. Lol! I'd love to hear more suggestions.
  • Delquin
    Delquin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how many calories you have for your snack. I have about 160 calories left in my day (I make sure I save up for a solid snack). Cheese and fruit, a baked apple (microwaved with a bit of margarine, cinnamon and sugar, make a fruit smoothie with yogurt or skim milk.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Protein shake
    Protein bar
    Strawberries and light cool whip
    Banana with PB
    Air popped popcorn
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Seeds
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    fresh fruits
  • MisspelledMe
    MisspelledMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really like string cheese or similarly-sized cheese sticks. If I have a few more calories to spare, I like an apple or banana with peanut butter, or some ricotta cheese with cinnamon, honey, and fresh fruit.

Also: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, hummus with somewhat sturdy raw veggies (I like carrots or cucumbers; celery's probably a good option, too, if you don't hate it like I do, lol), raw veggies with some kind of low-calorie dip, fresh fruit with some kind of low-calorie dip
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have an apple with 1 or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    Or
    Fat free yogurt
    Or
    A glass of milk and a piece of angel food cake
    Or
    Peanut butter on a sandwich thin
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thanks so much..... I knew I could depend on you guys..just hate that obsession at night
  • tori44lynn
    tori44lynn Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm having pop smart popcorn tonight :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of sambhar every week. This spiced lentil and vegetable soup is very hearty and filling. I have discovered that my evening snack has to taste more like a meal than a snack in order to satisfy. 1 cup of sambhar only runs 80-100 calories
    Your local indian market will have all the ingredients. A pressure cooker saves time but is not required. I actually eat a smaller dinner these days so my snack can be bigger.
    Here is a vid by one of my favorite teaching chefs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNnoikYx0k
  • alcc23
    alcc23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Never thought of ricotta with fruit! That sounds so yummy--thank you!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Couple slices of Ezekiel cinnamon raison "bread", toasted, with peanut butter on top.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Couple slices of Ezekiel cinnamon raison "bread", toasted, with peanut butter on top.

OMG... Drool
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm munching on pea pods right now, mmm mm good
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I never have any cals left by the end of the day! But if I did, raw almonds would prob be my best choice.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love to aperitive, and there are some healthy versions:
    My favorite: in stead of these small round toasts, you use a slice of cucumber, and pile it for example with smoked salmon and top it with a litlle bit of cream cheese; or you can stuff cherry tomatoes with shrimps, or you can take a toothpick and put some ham and melon on.
    God, I so love aperitive....
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how many calories you have for your snack. I have about 160 calories left in my day (I make sure I save up for a solid snack). Cheese and fruit, a baked apple (microwaved with a bit of margarine, cinnamon and sugar, make a fruit smoothie with yogurt or skim milk.

Waw, a baked apple sounds delicious, never heard of it, but I must try this
  • Mygsds
    Options
    You guys are the best... Thanks so much:drinker:
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options

this is a great idea. i have it for breakfast alot but never thought about it for an evening snack. i'm having some wheat sensitivies and will have to experiment to see if it disagrees with me. but a brilliant idea!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I won't lie....2 pieces of black licorice...LOVE IT!