Vitamin Supplement - how do i log them - or do i bother

Options
Just wondered what the score is on logging vitamin supplements. I take a one a day tablet with iron, partially because I'm a little anemic.

Wondered if you can adjust you nutrient details to show this or if it's even worth doing?

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Is there a substantial amount of fat/calories? If so I would...if not, dont bother.
  • tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    Options
    I do, I even log the creatine I'm taking even though it's not even listed anywhere on the nutrition. For the vitamin, it will show on your smart phone's nutrition page with some higher vitamin counts. As for the creatine, I don't know, I guess I'm OCD.

If you want to do it, just add like any other food. Either search for your vitamin or scan the UPC.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do.
    Mostly to keep up with it.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I log all of the supplements I take: iron, multi-vitamin, calcium, and glucosamine. All of them are only about 25 calories total, but I log them just to remind myself to take them. If I don't log them, I forget if I have taken them or forget about them all together.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a separate sheet for tracking meds and supplements. Something I print and hand to my Doc each time I see him instead of having to play 20 questions on the current stuff.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I track them because I'm watching my iron and calcium intake. If you are taking multiple supplements, I would definitely track to make sure you aren't overdosing on any particular vitamin/mineral.
  • luanahenry
    Options
    I post mine in the snack section Fish oil has a gram of fat and all my supplements together total 50 calories.
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I log my multivitamin. Just scan the barcode, let MFP find it, and log it with whatever meal you take it with. Personally, I like seeing how I'm doing with vitamins, calcium, iron, etc.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    load all your vitamins in and save them as a 'meal' Mine is called vitamin cocktail. I keep a separate category called supplements and add the 'meal' there. Works for me.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    load all your vitamins in and save them as a 'meal' Mine is called vitamin cocktail. I keep a separate category called supplements and add the 'meal' there. Works for me.

well played my friend, well played

i like this idea... id do it if I cared to log them