Fat arms

Options
I have fat arms! And I am not fat. I am 156cm tall and weigh about 50 kg. Can I safely lose a lot more weight? Because according the BMI scale I am already getting close to the bottom of it. I am quite happy with the rest of my body but I just seem to have ridiculously fat arms, I actually heard a group of kids talking once saying "Look at that fat girl!" "Is she fat?" "Yeh, look at those arms!" and I was so upset. Last time I measured they were about 26cm in circumference around the top part, is there anything I can do about it? The tops of my legs are quite disproportionally fat too, I even have stretch marks on them!

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    BMI is largely meaningless to the individual. You would be better served by finding out your body fat percentage and using that as a gauge as to whether to lose weight. Strength training will be your friend.
  • Harriet91Beaumont
    Harriet91Beaumont Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How can I find out my body fat percentage? Do I have to use those machines because I don't have one and they are expensive, I don't belong to a gym either. I was hoping you wouldn't say strength training I hate that :'(