Zig-zag calories, good choice?

Options
So my mainetenance is about 2000 kcal so in order to lose weight need to have about 1500 kcal daily. According to my daily schedule i made this , so can someone tell is it good:

Monday 1200 kcal, Tuesday 2000 (maintenance),Wednesday 1300, Thursday 1200, Friday 1800, Saturday 1500 and Sunday 1500. That all together is 10 500 which is weekly goal to lose weight. Of course I didn't calculated in my burned calories from exercise, but plan to eat them back, too, well maybe not on that maintenance day.
I've read many positive outcomes from this kind of shocking your metabolism.

Good choice?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "shocking" your metabolism. Kind of sounds like an old weight loss myth.

However, if it's easier for you to stick to a weekly goal, then there is no problem doing it that way. I like weekly, because then I can plan a night out with friends were I don't have to worry about sticking to a low calorie goal.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If this method helps you achieve a calorie deficit, then it sounds like a good plan for you. It evens out to 1500 a fay, so should be fine. I agree with the poster above, it will not "shock" your metabolism, though.