worked out this am and knees are hurting

gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Well, I managed to get up this morning and walk again.

I did it Tuesday - Friday last week (spent sat & sun running with my folks/husband so didn't do it then) But took some convincing but i got my butt out of bed and walked this morning.

Problem is my knees are kinda hurting. Any ideas?

Replies

• ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Glucosamine chondroitin and Gelatin
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    ice them.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    "pain is weakness leaving the body"
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    It might be that your knees aren't used to a workout that involves impact on the joints. I have issues with my knees and know that running (either out on the road or on a treadmill) will leave me in pain. Maybe try some other exercises that are lower impact on your knees like cycling or cross trainer. And do some reps on machines to build up the strength in your leg muscles to protect your knees going forward.
  • ice.

are you walking on concrete or pavement? attempt to walk on a track or grass surface....MUCH easier on the knees.

also, doing strenght training for your legs will help to protect all your joints from damage and pain. squats and leg lifts are just two of the many awesome exercising for strengthening your legs.

if the pain continues or keeps you from daily task, seek the advice of your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.