Lost!

Options
Hi I'm 34 years weigh 132 pounds and I'm trying to loose 15-20 pounds in 6 months... I need motivation, I started 8 week of fitness blender 3 weeks ago and I've only lost 1.5 pounds. I'm eating healthy and walking everyday for at least 1/2 hr but because I don't see the weight coming off I feel stressed. I'm 4'9". Do I stop with fitness blender do I run instead? What should I do?

Replies

• Tickwomp
    Tickwomp Posts: 27
    Options
    Sounds to me like you just need to add in more rigorous exercise. Incorporate strength training with heavier cardio and you will see results. Diet is the first and most important step, but it works best with physical training.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    At your size, a healthy loss is .5 lb. per week.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You're about the same size as me. 130, 5 foot. Although I'm a bit younger. I assume you're also at 1200 calories per day as well?

Weight loss doesn't really start right away so don't expect it unless you're way under your caloric values, which is really hard for someone of our height. Don't let that discourage you, do you know the approx number of calories that you are burning during your workout? Your goal to lose that in 6 months is more difficult though, when I lost that amount of weight a couple years ago it took at least a year.

If you need to talk more feel free to add me as a friend.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Your goal to lose that in 6 months is more difficult though, when I lost that amount of weight a couple years ago it took at least a year.
    ^^^This.

I'm 5'2", and it took me 600 days of logging everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly to lose 30 lbs.
  • vickymva
    vickymva Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am also 5' 2'' and I am worried about maintenance eventually because of our low calorie allowance. It sucks to be short.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I am also 5' 2'' and I am worried about maintenance eventually because of our low calorie allowance. It sucks to be short.
    Eating at a reasonable deficit (.5 lb. per week for the last 20–25 lbs.) will help you transition to maintenance.

Once you get there, it will take trial & error to find the number of calories at which your weight will stabilize.