Cliche wedding photo's that should never happen again

Replies

• mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 650 Member
    Bumping to look at when I get home because I can only see about HALF of what is posted from work...
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    am I the only one that likes most of these?

Nope. I like most of these, too. People are too serious. Just have a separate album for the silly bits. :drinker: :wink:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    My best advice is go for classic photos. Do the posed ones with you and your families, and do REAL candid shots. None of this "hey pretend you're putting on makeup and I am going to take this picture from the other side of the door cracked to look like I'm snooping on you!" Creepy.

Also, don't do this:

bridal_party.jpg

I actually kind of like that one. The bride looks lovely, all of the 'maids have genuine smiles and they all look like they actually like each other.

Yep. 'Cep'n the bride likes dat girly on her right a lil' too much if yaknowhaimean. She's not just holding the thigh, she squeezin' it.

That was my explanation for that pic. It was the I know I had to marry a dude because laws and stuff but this here's who I really wrote my vows for. All these pics are code for things if you look close enough. Mostly they are socio political statements.

Hehe...I just think I'd hate it less if they had better shoes on. I just fail to see the point in pics like this at your wedding. I wouldn't want this one in my wedding album. Do some crazy *kitten* at your bachelorette party or your wedding reception. Save the actual wedding photographer to take really nice photos that the average person with a camera phone couldn't do.

The whole girl on girl thing makes me like it even more.

As to the silliness of it, I like that too. It's something I could see my girlfriends doing in a completely spontaneous moment, and I'd love to have that kind of silliness preserved for all time.

But maybe that's just the sorority girl in me....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Can we just talk about shots like this real quick?

Wedding-Dress-Window-Photo-275x412.jpg

As one website said: The bride and groom are paying an exorbitant amount for someone to follow them around with a camera all day, so shouldn't they have their picture taken? The artistic shot of the dress, hanging in a window, bathed in sunlight, is missing something. The bride. That stock image along with the invitation gently leaning on a glass of champagne, or the table setting with the fork and knife just so, are fantastic promotional shots for a wedding planner's book. For a wedding photo album? Not so much.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    80s-hair-wedding-photo.jpg

Oh the 80's...

Wait....which one is the bride?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    r6bVGAQ.png
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

As one website said: The bride and groom are paying an exorbitant amount for someone to follow them around with a camera all day, so shouldn't they have their picture taken? The artistic shot of the dress, hanging in a window, bathed in sunlight, is missing something. The bride. That stock image along with the invitation gently leaning on a glass of champagne, or the table setting with the fork and knife just so, are fantastic promotional shots for a wedding planner's book. For a wedding photo album? Not so much.

I am a professional wedding photographer. That is a beautiful shot and most of my brides ask for a shot of their dress without them in it. The current trend in bridal photography is photojournalism. Which means capturing details, as well as the moment. That shot is actually perfect for the background of an album page. Traditional albums with 4x6 prints in little plastic sleeves are pretty much a thing of the past. People are going with coffee table books. Each page can have an can have background images and foreground images. Detail shots are excellent backgrounds.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Oh my.....

28luaz4.jpg
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    dinoweddingphotobomb.jpg

I really love this one!! If I were re-marrying I would totally do it. Haha.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

I am a professional wedding photographer. That is a beautiful shot and most of my brides ask for a shot of their dress without them in it. The current trend in bridal photography is photojournalism. Which means capturing details, as well as the moment. That shot is actually perfect for the background of an album page. Traditional albums with 4x6 prints in little plastic sleeves are pretty much a thing of the past. People are going with coffee table books. Each page can have an can have background images and foreground images. Detail shots are excellent backgrounds.

And the picture of the invitation and what not... my sister handmade all of her decorations. She loved the shots of the place settings and centerpieces.

But personally, I think this particular picture of the dress is a bit creepy. The lighting gives the dress a spooky feel.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member

And the picture of the invitation and what not... my sister handmade all of her decorations. She loved the shots of the place settings and centerpieces.

But personally, I think this particular picture of the dress is a bit creepy. The lighting gives the dress a spooky feel.

I loved the photographs of our favors, place settings, etc. Our wedding was busy and fun, but I barely got time to eat much less enjoy the scenery and decor.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

I have to agree with this... we got a few detail shots because we were supposed to get a coffee table book... but something happened and it didn't happen... eitherway.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member

"Allison fell from the window of her 14th floor walk up just hours before her wedding.... now sometimes, just sometimes when the moon is just right, you can still see the shadow of her dress in the very window of which she fell to her death...."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

"Allison fell from the window of her 14th floor walk up just hours before her wedding.... now sometimes, just sometimes when the moon is just right, you can still see the shadow of her dress in the very window of which she fell to her death...."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Something like that. It just feels ominous.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Holy wow. Gross.
    93af1871f8206ca0022963f18311ab68.jpg

I wish I could see all of the photos, but the settings at work prevent a lot of them... The butt cheek photo - NO HELL NO! Tacky as hell. I would suggest having someone who is not in the photos helping if you have a friend taking the photos to make sure you are getting what you WANT! I wish I'd had someone doing that for me so I made sure I spoke up when the photographer was doing silly stuff or things that were clearly not wanted.

Photos like these are probably why that firewall even exists.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    dinoweddingphotobomb.jpg

Tagging to look through later. And because I f*king love dinosaurs. Totally doing this and I don't care what anyone else has to say.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    bump for later
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Think of how your names look together before you post your wedding.

782079d1363626398-wedding-announcement-fails-50d09c8393a55.jpg

Loves it!

You KNOW whenever they fight, one of them brings up the newspaper picture and they both crack up.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    I don't even know how to process this one:

funny-bizarre-wedding-photos-8_zpsff434394.jpg
    Pre-wedding jitters?

Funny-Wedding-Photos-Hands-under-dress.jpg

These make me think the bride and her friend are so close, the groom is actually marrying 1.5 women. Whether he likes it or not.