Scared to weigh myself

Options
I'm sure a lot of you guys feel the same way, but I've always been scared to weigh myself. I get really fixated on the number and beat myself up if it's not what I want, and in the past I've had some issues with becoming obsessive about the scale. I want to focus on being healthy, but I'm scared for my first weigh in. I'm afraid that I'll beat myself up or get really upset.

Replies

• bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Just remember that the scale is a reference point, not the whole picture. Do weigh in for the first time as well as take your body measurements. DO NOT weigh yourself every day (I used to be guilty of that). Instead, try to limit it to once a week and pay more attention to how you are feeling and how your clothes are fitting on you.

Remember, as long as you are staying within your calories and sticking to your goals you are doing it! You will see results sure enough!
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    just go for it! and DON'T beat yourself up, because if you are trying, then that's all you can do right? remember br patient! and who knows, might be exactly what you want!
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    "Remember, as long as you are staying within your calories and sticking to your goals you are doing it! You will see results sure enough!"

Great advice, that makes me feel better already. Guess I'm just scared of failing...but aren't we all, right? This community is great, helps me put my thoughts in perspective and move forward.