Weighing and measuring

Options
xrachypx
xrachypx Posts: 17 Member
Its time for me to start taking my weight loss and exercise more serious.
Im curious as when its best to weigh and measure. What do you all recommend? I can't cope with weekly weigh ins as I get obsessed with the scale, yet I don't want to leave it too long to measure how Im doing.

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I try to weight myself Weekly - but if you dont want to do that, go for bi-weekly or monthly.
    For the measuring, I would say once a month should be good... unless you want to do more!
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day, right after I wake up and use the washroom.

I use the Libra app, which reminds me every morning to record my weight. It plots it all out on a little graph, which I like because it's easy to see trends.

The daily weighing doesn't stress me out because I've come to understand that things WILL fluctuate based on all kinds of things out of my control. I don't take the number too seriously, and this method has shown me that my weight always falls off right after my TOM so the rest of the month it's totally normal and expected for my weight to go up and down like crazy.

I don't personally measure but I do take a TON of pictures. Once a week or every two weeks or so. They're incredibly important IMO! Seeing my body shape changing despite the scale being stubborn has been a really big motivation to just keep plugging along and taking everything a day at a time :).