Kinda new...help a girl out!

Options
I've been a member since 2011 but didn't really use the app...I've put my Big Girl Britches on and ready to use it now! I always gain weight during the winter but this year was BRUTAL...gained 20lbs...my goal is to lose 25lbs and MAINTAIN...summer time is my dieting phase every year because of a Company Picnic every September...I know I won't make my goal by September but hoping to lose at least 10lbs by then

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the plunge!

Rather than set yourself up for failure why not create a more realistic goal and use the 10 pound loss before the picnic as a stretch goal? In other words, your actual goal is 7 pounds, and you'll be happy to make that goal, but you'll be ecstatic if you lose 10.
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow...thats a lot in a short time.

The best you can do is:

plan your meals
    log your food, and
    exercise

Maybe the short term goal should focus on theses, and let the weight take care of itself for a couple of weeks.

Yes, I still use weight as mt main measuring stick, but I also spend time thinking about steaming those yummy brussel sprouts in the fridge.

When i was losing I'd make out my log a week in advance, KNOW my caloric intake, and then try to stick to it. I'm not there again yet but it helped before

good luck!
  • steven402014
    Options
    good luck, if you plan you will succeed
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    sounds like a steep short term goal but forget the "summer is diet-time" phase - if you want to keep it off you're looking at a lifestyle change - which means better eating habits and adding exercise to your schedule - not just for the summer - but for life... your future self will thank you!
  • JeanieBean1074
    Options
    wow...thats a lot in a short time.

The best you can do is:

plan your meals
    log your food, and
    exercise

Maybe the short term goal should focus on theses, and let the weight take care of itself for a couple of weeks.

Yes, I still use weight as mt main measuring stick, but I also spend time thinking about steaming those yummy brussel sprouts in the fridge.

When i was losing I'd make out my log a week in advance, KNOW my caloric intake, and then try to stick to it. I'm not there again yet but it helped before

good luck!

^^^^THIS!!!

Planning, logging and exercise is all going to lead you to success!! :)
    And I agree that's quite a bit for that period of time. Slow and steady will keep the lbs off.