Early Birds who work out

Options

Replies

• DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What time do you dedicated early birds go to bed?? I would love to workout in the morning if only I could get to sleep at a reasonable hour.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    What time do you dedicated early birds go to bed?? I would love to workout in the morning if only I could get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

9pm almost on the dot. i read for half an hour and then out like a light. up at 430am to the sounds of my automatic coffee pot.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    When I'm back at work (on vacay for a couple more weeks) I begin my WOs around 4 a.m. and finish by 5:15. I get some caffeine and like a half a banana with p-nut butter or sometimes no food, it just depends, but I have a tv in my little gym, so if I'm doing my own thing, I watch something I recorded from earlier, otherwise I do bodyrock or fitnessblender on my apple tv. It sometimes sucks, but once it's done it feels damn good.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options

9pm almost on the dot. i read for half an hour and then out like a light. up at 430am to the sounds of my automatic coffee pot.
    ^this, 9:9:30, the latest.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    For my early morning workouts I do the following:

Sleep in my workout gear so I dont have to get changed
    Make a breakfast shake that I drink on the way to training which has a scoop of instant coffee added
    Listen to chill music while I get ready
    crank up the more intense music once im warming up (I kickbox so warm up is skipping)

Then I'm ready to roll!!
    ^and this, I don't sleep in my WO gear, but its right there on the dresser ready to go; that way there are no excuses.
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3:45 and have my caffeine pretty much right away. I start my run between 5 and 5:30. I don't listen to music. I enjoy the quiet and having my own thoughts when I work out.

I'm usually in bed by 9. 9:30 sometimes and 10 at the absolute latest.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lay clothes out on the couch before bed.
    Up between 4:45 and 5:30.
    Brush teeth (this really helps wake me up, actually).
    Drink a glass of water
    Get dressed.
    Head downstairs.
    Drink a glass of water
    Grab gym bag and head out the door.
    Get a Large coffee from the coffee shop.
    Arrive at gym. Drop off bag in locker.
    Drink coffee while doing my warmup walk on the treadmill (20 mins).

If I get any screen time before that, I REALLY slow down, which is why I stopped having coffee at home.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I'm on the later end of the spectrum, waking up at 6 for the gym. I set out my clothes the night before and the stuff to make my coffee.

In the morning I wake up, pee, change, make coffee and a possible snack if I wake up starving, then head to the gym. I'm working out by 6:30-6:45 and done by 8 or 8:15. I eat breakfast when I get home.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 5.15am. I get up, put my workout clothes on, turn the DVD player on, put on my HRM, use the bathroom, get a glass of water, and I'm ready to workout by 5.20am!

I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution so I don't listen to music while I'm doing that.

When I'm finished, I shower and then eat breakfast.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

we're on the exact same schedule! Except on my days off I stay in bed till 6:30 ish and it feels like I slept all day.
  • DONNATHEBOOTS2014
    Options
    I get up at 4.30am, feed my dog whilst I have a cup of Japanese Matcha Green tea (which seems to wake me up). I am on the treadmill in my garage at 5am and do a 45min run. I watch films when I run as I find I hate some music either because it's not to my taste or it's too slow and would send me back to sleep.

I am usually in bed by 9.30 - 9.45pm.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym at 5:00 a.m. No problem waking up as I generally rise at 3;30.
  • Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!! I didn't even think to stretch...or drink water first thing. I am also going to follow the advice of having clothes/sneakers next to bed---even headphones.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options

we're on the exact same schedule! Except on my days off I stay in bed till 6:30 ish and it feels like I slept all day.
    ^this, you are my doppelganger, I too think that 6:30 is sleeping in on my day off. I'm glad there is a certain level of crazy here that mirrors my own;)
  • kimberlyblindsey
    Options
    I get up at 4.30am, feed my dog whilst I have a cup of Japanese Matcha Green tea (which seems to wake me up). I am on the treadmill in my garage at 5am and do a 45min run. I watch films when I run as I find I hate some music either because it's not to my taste or it's too slow and would send me back to sleep.

I am usually in bed by 9.30 - 9.45pm.
    ^oh yeah this too, I forget that whatever time I'm up is breakfast for the hound, lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

^this, you are my doppelganger, I too think that 6:30 is sleeping in on my day off. I'm glad there is a certain level of crazy here that mirrors my own;)

occasionally i wake up at 6am because the pool doesn't open until 7 and i'm just completely thrown off.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    All of you seem to be good at going to bed early. I wish I was like that. I can never fall asleep at a reasonable hour and therefore have to workout in the evening. I wish I could get a workout in the morning.
  • YamaMaya1
    YamaMaya1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im usually up by 7am but wait until 8:30 to give myself time to wake up before my workout
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I lay out my stuff the night before downstairs on the couch to minimize waking of family. I get up at 4 am, get dressed, feed dog, make a protein shake and drink it during the 12 minute drive to gym. Work out for about 70 minutes (currently treadmill and rowing machine). I watch TV shows on my Kindle Fire, right now rewatching Season Two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Drive home, shower, get the kid up. I also finish making my coffee (I cold brew it overnight).

I would LOVE to be in bed and asleep by 9, but my son is four, insists that we stay in his room while he goes to sleep, and then does his best to resist sleep. It can quite often be 10 PM and I'm still up and wide awake because HE is still awake. I swear I want to just bungee cord him to the the bed.
  • kristenlora
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30am and at crossfit by 5:55am. I don't eat or drink anything before, but I sip water during the workout. I also drink a ton of water during the rest of the day so I'm not dehydrated in the morning.

Music - during warmups I love Explosions in the Sky, or some Marley :) During the workout I need something upbeat - we do a lot of dubstep, but also mix in classic rock.