Starting over...the right way

Options
LeeLee6184
LeeLee6184 Posts: 53 Member
So, I had a rough start when I logged in a couple of weeks ago for the first time in over a year. I had started a diet regimen that wasn't exactly what you would call..."healthy"...(and I won't even bother mentioning what it was). I took about a week and a half away to kind of re-group. Today, I started logging all my food intake and even though what I ate wasn't exactly "health food", I still only went over my 1200 calories by 126. Lunch was healthy (a Quiznos sub) but after entering it into my food log, I could have made healthier choices by:

1.) getting a small instead of a regular
2.) X-ing out the ranch and cheese
3.) exchanging the diet mt dew with some "high quality H2O"

Dinner was Kraft Mac-n-Cheese but I DID portion-size it. When I really think about it, I could have had a bit more food if I chose more wisely. Since my 1.5cup portion of Mac-n-Cheese was about 600 calories, I can't have anything else. I know it doesn't take rocket science to know what's healthy and what isn't; the hard part is actually putting the knowledge into action.

Definitely gonna need some inspiration, motivation, and support in this and I hope to provide that in return! Here's to HEALTHY LIVING!!

Replies

• kipper5
    kipper5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Best of luck! Feel free to add me as a friend. I am starting over too :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Its hard to get back on track. We have been eating wrong for such a long time that its hard to eat right. Sounds like you have the right idea now. Good luck.
  • LeeLee6184
    Options
    Thank you both!! Best of luck to you as well! :smile:
  • LeeLee6184
    Options
    Its hard to get back on track. We have been eating wrong for such a long time that its hard to eat right. Sounds like you have the right idea now. Good luck.

I totally agree!! I'm a food junkie and I like certain things and of course the stuff I'm not too fond of is the stuff I should be eating. I have tried the low/no carb diets and I can't stick to them. I like pasta and pizza and subs/sandwiches. Now, I can still have that stuff, only healthier. If I have to splurge for pizza, I'll stick to one slice and a salad. If I get a sub, the small or 6" (if it's Subway) and ex-nay on the condiments. Pasta, I can make whole wheat pasta and not a ton of sauce. I've got the know-how (and this site is a Godsend) but what I lack is the will-power but I'm gonna change that!

A good friend of mine told me "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and I'm sure she heard that quote from somewhere so I can't take or give her credit for it. But it sure is a GREAT way to look at a lifestyle change!!