oh boy xmas dinner

Options
So, my mom passed away a few years ago. Now i cook Xmas dinner. Holy crap shoot! besides the fact the list of people keep growing every few more people we add another dish. Ill be flying to florida a few days before xmas and besides xmas dinner it is going to be nothing but going out for dinner!

Thankfully there is a gym in the shopping center near my dads house. I think it is safe to say i will be there every freaking day.

So heres a taste of my diet"disaster"

Large turkey
Ham

fresh stuffing w/sausage
mashed potatoes
sweet potatos
corn
string bean casserole
sauteed string beans( for me)
cresent rolls / biscuts
baked ziti

Replies

• StargazrgirL
    StargazrgirL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since you know in advance, do some digging on the internet and find healthier "alternatives". I have some picky eaters in my house that always want what they call "real" food but I've slowly convinced them otherwise.

I'd personally recommend checking out the cook book "Cook yourself Thin". It has a lot of good alertantives.

Also - encourage the family to take a christmas walk after they eat. Maybe try out that new bicycle, etc. Just to get them burning a few calories.
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    stuffing with sausage?? that sounds like overkill, its bad enough as it is! lol maybe just add a couple healthier things if you have to make the rest. atleast you will have some alternatives for yourself. my family will be making a ton of food, and litterally no one else is health conscious. i will be bringing my own healthier pumpkin pie and having a lot of vegetables :) but of course i will have a little of the bad stuff too.
  • crissi66
    Options
    stuffing with sausage?? that sounds like overkill, its bad enough as it is! lol maybe just add a couple healthier things if you have to make the rest. atleast you will have some alternatives for yourself. my family will be making a ton of food, and litterally no one else is health conscious. i will be bringing my own healthier pumpkin pie and having a lot of vegetables :) but of course i will have a little of the bad stuff too.

I know the sausage kills it. I plan on making a small dish with no sausage for me and my brothers girlfriend who is a vegetarian. I plan on skipping the mashed potatoes as well. But its gonna be a rough few days down there
  • crissi66
    Options
    Since you know in advance, do some digging on the internet and find healthier "alternatives". I have some picky eaters in my house that always want what they call "real" food but I've slowly convinced them otherwise.

I'd personally recommend checking out the cook book "Cook yourself Thin". It has a lot of good alertantives.

Also - encourage the family to take a christmas walk after they eat. Maybe try out that new bicycle, etc. Just to get them burning a few calories.

Your funny. A xmas walk. they will be in a coma after dinner. the only place they will be walking to is there beds. Im the only watching what i eat and exercising right now.